Chapter 24. A New Challenger

The monastery that became St. Catherine's Boarding School was originally built by an old order of monks that also cultivated its nearly 5 square miles (13 square km) of property. The monastery proper was built in the mountains, away from the valley and the villages below. When the order of the monks began to die out, due to advanced age, the monastery fell into disrepair as a result. A group of Roman Catholics discovered their plight and offered to purchase the property, doing any and all maintenance and repairs, letting the few remaining monks live their last days there in peace.

After the death of the last monk, the Catholics made some major renovations and then added a high school, as there was a great needand where there is great need, there usually is great money. The Catholics were already in the possession of other properties in the surrounding area, acquired while waiting for the monks to die off. These were turned into schools for primary education. Thus, the St. Catherine's Educational System came to fruition.

The Complete History of St. Catherine's Educational System by Jerald Weaving, with references.

After lunch, Kato was really looking forward to playing more ping pong with Murata. They had the whole afternoon to play at the Sports Complex, and no school tomorrow.

On the trek there, as certain asshole walked by them, shoving Kato into Murata with a rude greeting, "Hello bitches!" Kato stopped, becoming instantly angry, and yelled back, "Fuck off!" to Handa, who simply flipped him off as he continued walking ahead.

"Kato-san!" Murata exclaimed. "What are you doing?"

"Sorry, sorry. He's such an ass. I can't seem to help it." Kato suddenly felt the feeling he was being watched. He turned around to look and saw a familiar sight: about 100 feet (30 m) behind him was his wolf tailing him. A complex knot of emotions swirled around in his heart that he couldn't seem to untie. He could only ask himself, who really is this Takahashi guy?

"One of these days, that mouth of yours may get you in trouble. The whole class was talking about it this morning. Kato?"

"Hrm?" he replied.

"Are we waiting for Takahashi-san to catch up?"

Kato, being lost in thought, had forgotten for a moment that they were stopped. Whether or not Kato was consciously waiting for Takahashi to catch up or not, he did.

"Good afternoon, Takahashi-san." Murata bowed and offered a polite greeting.

"Yup," replied Takahashi.

Kato was a little annoyed at Takahashi's seemingly cold indifference to Murata, but when he looked at Murata's response, it didn't seem to have even fazed him.

Takahashi looked at Kato and said, "Come on. Let's go. What are you waiting for?"

"Not you!" Kato blurted out.

Takahashi looked at him with a glare. Kato heard Murata stifle a laugh.

"I-I mean, y-yes. But, no. I mean-" Kato rambled, rather flustered.

"Seems we are making some progress in your honestly training," Takahashi pointed out with a smirk. Another stifled laugh came from Murata.

Kato was red with embarrassment. He didn't know which was worse: his stupid white lie getting him into trouble, Takahashi's stupid smirk, or Murata's stifled laughter.

"Come on, Kato-san," Takahashi said as he feigned a sigh, grabbing Kato's arm and gently pulling.

Kato looked over at Murata with a glare as he was being pulled along, only causing some more stifled laughter to erupt from the boy.