Chapter 61. Perviness

St. Catherine's has a robust and trained school security department. They are staffed 24/7 and well equipped to deal with any situation.

During the recent fight among the students on school grounds, security was on hand to quickly take control of the situation without incident. The students received medical attention and were transported safely to the infirmary, while one was taken to St. Joe's hospital for intensive medical care.

While this situation was atypical, it was handled effectively. The parents or legal guardians were contacted and briefed of the situation.

All students will be disciplined, and we will work with each to ensure that they understand what society expects of them regarding proper behavior.

—Excerpt of a St. Catherine's Boarding School press release

Day 16

Kato woke up to the alarm. He waited for Tachibana to turn it off, then he remembered. So, he reached down to the desk and turned it off. He sat there for a bit wondering how Tachibana was doing. He also wondered who his next roommate would be. Will he be a seme or an uke? I sure hope he's a nice guy, Kato thought to himself. He hoped Takahashi got a nice roommate too. He fell back to sleep.

He woke up again and noted that twenty minutes passed by. He was going to have to be careful in the future to not oversleep. He jumped up, went to the bathroom to clean up and then ran to the chow hall.

-----

"You're later than usual," Murata noted.

"Yeah, overslept that alarm. It's too quiet in my room now. I'm used to waking up to the alarm and Tachibana-san turning it off and then making a bunch of noise that keeps me from falling back asleep."

Kato looked over and saw Takahashi sitting alone. He wondered if those three classmates were part of the war.

"Hey, did you hear what happened yesterday?" Kato asked.

"Yeah."

"Was Nakamura-san involved?"

"No. We talked about it, last night, and he told me that, while he respected their choice to go to war, he asked them to respect his choice to stay out of it. He did say that he would say nothing about it to anyone, including me."

"I see." Kato said.

"Yeah, I'm glad he didn't join them. He would be in segregation for a month. I would have been very sad."

"Know the feeling." Kato smiled.

"He promised me that he would protect himself and me, and that was the extent of it. He's always been nonviolent. Just wants to live a quiet and simple life, and with me as a part of it."

Kato wondered what that last part meant. Has their relationship gone to the next step? he asked himself.

"I see Takahashi-san is still here," Murata noted.

"Yeah, he was prepared to fight but he was worried about me, so he backed down."

"He cares for you more than you realize."

Kato looked at Murata for a few moments, then looked at his food and kept eating. He had an inkling of what Murata was saying but it frightened him a little. He was suddenly very unsure of the situation. What if it comes to it and I still turn Takahashi down? Will our friendship end right then and there? Or will it cause a rift between us and we slowly drift part? Kato lost his appetite.

-----

"Slut!"

Sister Mary laid the cane across Takahashi's back. "Stop it, Takahashi-san!"