Chapter 65. Third Date

While most staff did not live onsite at the monastery, the option was certainly open to those who wished to. Because of commute times, especially in poor weather, some staff would spend part of the week at the monastery and the rest at home. Some would use it as an opportunity to get away for the weekend. Lord only knows what they were trying to get away from.

—Life at St. Catherine's vol 2, p. 14

Kato entered his room. It really did seem so empty without Tachibana. Sure, his stuff was still here, but he wasn't. Kato really did like him as a roommate. In a way, he was sorry that they really never had the chance to become good friends.

He sat in the chair as dinner was still some time off. He began to think of Takahashi again. He recalled his body's response to that very sensual act this morning, that of Takahashi tracing Kato's belly button. He figured that his body might not care if it was a boy or a girl that touched it. It would probably respond the same.

Still, there was some dilemma in Kato's mind. He knew of a gay boy once in his previous school. The kid was a nice and normal boy who happened to like other boys. Kato didn't see anything wrong with that. The problem lies in that now this issue is personally affecting him. He knew he was becoming wrapped up, emotionally, in Takahashi, but it seemed a giant leap from where he was now to actually doing something "pervy" as he thought of it.

He really did like Takahashi's body and would still enjoy a closer examination, if Takahashi would even let him do that. He also wanted to draw him. But he firmly believed that this was all still simple admiration of the human form, though somewhere in the back of his mind he heard a voice saying that he didn't look at other boys that way.

Kato reminded himself to think of Takahashi first, even though he chided himself that he just spent 10 minutes thinking of himself first. He didn't want to hurt Takahashi. It was the last thing he ever wanted to do. But he was simply not confident that this wouldn't end up badly. How could he ever leap that huge chasm between what his mind was afraid of and what his body wanted.

Maybe I should masturbate more, Kato thought, so I can relieve any sexual tension and maybe stop thinking about Takahashi. This seemed reasonable to Kato, but he didn't really believe it to be a good solution. He hadn't done that since before his mom died. After that, he simply didn't have a moment's worth of privacy for such an act, nor was he even eager to do so. Life's been too busy fucking me over for me to even want it, he thought bitterly. The only release were the two wet dreams, both involving Takahashi.

Kato sighed. He just didn't know what to do with himself. He read a book long ago that had some great advice that he figured he'd just apply in such situations: put one foot in front of the other. So, Kato did just that and marched himself to the chow hall.

-----

"Good evening," Murata smiled at Kato.

"Good evening." Kato smiled back.

"We gonna double-date again tonight?"

Kato wondered at that for a moment. He used to get so pissed when people would say or imply that he was dating Takahashi. Now he just rolled over and accepted it so as not to cause any more trouble.

"Yeah," Kato replied.

"Cool. I've seen this movie many times, but Nakamura-san has never seen it."

"Really?" Kato couldn't believe that.

"Yeah. He said he was always gone so much that his parents never took the time to take him to a movie theater."

Kato ate in silence for a minute. He noticed that the two regular boys weren't here tonight, so it was just him and Murata at the table. He decided to ask a burning question.