I've Missed You PART TWO

Sven and I don’t say a word the entire car ride back to his house.

“Aren't you coming in?”  Sven asks as he begins to get of my car. 

“Nope. I’m not feeling too well.  I’ll call you tomorrow.”  I lie.  Technically I feel fine, I just feel weird about that whole kissing thing.  For a moment I was shocked by the kiss, then I felt kind of happy about, and now I just feel confused.

“Is this about the kiss?”  Sven asks me. 

“No.  Not at all.”  I lie again.  Sven rolls his eyes and then gets back in the car. “What are you doing?”

“I’m not getting out of the car until you tell me what’s wrong.”  Sven tells me.  I rub my eyes as I think of what to say.

“Nothing is wrong, Sven.  The whole you kissing me thing is pretty weird, but I’ll get past it.”  I try explaining to Sven.  I don’t want him to think I’m hung up on the kiss, but he’s my best friend.  I should try being honest with him. 

“What’s the big deal? I told you I wouldn’t kiss you again.  You don’t have to worry about that.” Sven replies.  I bury my face in my hands so Sven can’t read my expression.

“This is so awkward because I kind of want you to kiss me again.”  I mumble between my hands.

“What did you just say?”  Sven asks, though I know he heard me perfectly. “What did you say, y/n?”

“I said…I said I kinda want you to me again.”  I repeat as I remove my hands from face.  Sven is looking at me with wide eyes. 

“Really?”  He questions.  “How long have you felt that way?”

“Umm since you’ve kissed me at the airport.”  I tell Sven. 

“Oh.”  Is all he responds with, but he stays seated in my car.

“What?”  I ask Sven. There’s clearly something he’s not saying.

“I’ve wanted to kiss you for a long time, y/n.  Like a really long time.  You’re the only person I think about when I’m away and you’re the only person I want to see when I get back.  I’ve been fighting these feeling for a while, but they just sort of spilled out when I saw you today.  It’s like I couldn’t help but kiss you.” Sven admits.

“If that’s true, then why did you say it didn’t mean anything?  You were just going to let us go on acting like it was nothing.”  I say to Sven.  He runs his fingers back through his un-kept hair as I talk.

“You’ve never given me any sign that you wanted to be more than friends.  I didn’t want to ruin our friendship, so I acted like it was nothing.  You’re my best friend, y/n.  If all we ever are is best friends, then I’m okay with that.  As long as I have you in my life, then I’m okay.”  Sven tells me. 

“What if I want to be more than friends?  What then?”  I ask Sven.  I watch as he tries to contain his smile. 

“Then I would kiss you all the time.”  Sven says with a smirk.

“Well…” I say with a matching smirk. Sven then leans over from the passenger seat to kiss me. I put my hands on his face to hold the kiss. 

“You have no idea how much I’ve missed you.”  Sven tells me between kisses.

“I’m starting to have an idea.”  I reply as Sven pulls me even closer to him.