Home

"Babe," Sven whispers into my ear. "Babe, wake up."

"What's going on?" I ask as I lift my head off his shoulder and rub my eyes.

"We're about to land. I didn't want you to miss anything." Sven tells me. I look out the airplane window and see the snow-covered ground. "You're home."

"I'm finally home." I say as I stare out the window. It's Christmas Eve and I just spent 11 hours on an airplane. I'm bringing my boyfriend Sven home for the first time. We've been dating for almost a year, but he still hasn't met my parents. We're always traveling because of Sven's snowboarding career, but I finally get to come home.

"I'm so freaking sleepy." I tell Sven as I yawn. Our long day of traveling has been exhausting, but Sven looks wide-awake. "Did you sleep at all, Svenny?"

"Nah. I wasn't tired." He says. I study his face. Something seems wrong.

"Are you alright, babe?" I ask Sven. He fakes a smile and nods.

"Oh yeah. I'm just excited." Sven lies.

"Are you nervous?" I ask as our plane finishes descending. He awkwardly adjusts his beanie and messes with his hair.

"I'm a little nervous, yeah. I mean, what if your parents don't like me? If they don't like me what are we gonna do? I'm crazy about you, but what if they think I'm not good enough? I'm not good enough for you, but I don't want them to know that. What if they don't like me? What do we do then?" Sven asks in a panicky tone. I lean over and kiss him before he can say another word.

"I love you and my parents are going to love you." I tell him. He takes a deep breath.

"Thank you and I love you." Sven says as he tries calming his nerves by squeezing my hand tightly.

~~~

"MOM!" I shout as I walk through the door of my parent's house. I run straight into my mom's arms.

"I'm so happy you're home, baby girl!" My mom tells me as she keeps her arms around me. "I've missed you so much!"

"I've missed you too, mom!" I say as I finally let go of her. "Mom, I think it's time you finally meet Sven."

"Oh my gosh! Hi, Sven! It's so lovely to meet you." My mom says as she pulls Sven into a hug. She loves hugging and I've warned Sven about that.

"Thank you so much for having me!" Sven says happily to my mom.

"It's our pleasure. I'm just so glad you two could finally come to town. It' been so long since we've seen our baby girl." My mom says as tears fill her eyes.

"Y/N!" My dad yells as he walks into the room. I see Sven stiffen up instantly. He's always been nervous about meeting my dad.

"Hi, Dad!" I reply cheerfully. I hug him. "Dad, this is Sven."

"Hello, Sven." My dad says he shakes my boyfriend's hand.

"Hello, sir. It's nice to meet you." Sven says with his flawless smile.

~~~

"Sven is so handsome." My mother whispers into my ear as Sven chats with my dad. We ate dinner with my family and now we're sitting near the fireplace drinking hot chocolate. My dad has been talking Sven's ear off about Sweden, while I catch up with my mom. "He really loves you, did you know what? It's written all over his face. The way he looks at you when you're not looking, it's...it's just beautiful. He's seems like a good guy. I'm really happy for you, y/n."

"Aw thanks, mom." I reply.

"Well you two must be exhausted. I'll let you guys get to bed. Y/n, I have your old bedroom all ready for you. And Sven, I set up the guest room for you." My mom tells us. I had forgotten that I wouldn't be sharing a room with Sven while we're here. My favorite thing in the world is being cuddled up with him at night.

"Thanks, mom." I say as I kiss her on the cheek and head for bed. "Goodnight, everyone!"

An hour passes and I can't sleep. I crawl out of my bed and creep down the hall towards the guest room. I quietly open the door and close it behind me.

"Y/n?" Sven asks.

"Shhh! You don't want to wake my parents." I say as I find Sven's bed in the dark. He turns on the lamp as I climb under the blankets and curl up next to him.

"Are we going to get in trouble for this?" Sven asks with a little smirk.

"I don't think so. I just wanted to see you." I tell him as he wraps me up in his arms and kisses the top of my head. He doesn't say anything for a few minutes. I look up at him and he's already look down at me. "What are you thinking about?"

"I got you something." Sven says as he tries to hold back a smile.

"I thought we said we weren't getting each other any presents!" I remind him. We agreed on no presents, because it would be too much of a hassle to lug around presents with all of our traveling.

"It's not really a present." He tells me. "It's in my bag in the right pocket. Go get it."

I get out of bed and walk over to Sven's suitcase. I search the pockets until a find a tiny blue box.

"Sven!" I exclaim. I look over at him instantly. He has the biggest smile on his face.

"Open it!" Sven orders. I do as he says. I open the little box and find a gorgeous diamond ring inside. I run back to him in bed.

"Are you asking me to marry you?!" I ask. We have never even talked about marriage.

"I've had that for a while now. I've been waiting for the right time to ask you and now feels like the right moment. I love you so much, y/n. It scares me how much I love you. I've been all around the world and I've met a lot of great people, but there's just something about you. You're my home. You're my family. Being here with your family just makes it all the more real. I want this and I want you forever. Will you marry me?" Sven asks.

"Yes! Of course!" I answer. Sven takes the ring out of the box and slips it onto my finger, and then he kisses me. "I should probably be getting back to my room now."

"But I want you to stay." Sven says as he continues kissing me. I kiss him back for a bit.

"I don't want my parents to catch us." I say as I give him one last kiss. I get out of his bed and walk towards the door. "Merry Christmas and I love you."

"Merry Christmas and I love you too." Sven says with a little laugh before I sneak off down the hall.