You're Alive? :: Fred Weasley

It was during the middle of the battle that everyone had dreaded. The good guys versus the bad, a family of professors, students, parents, and alumni alike versus psychotic, evil people who were out for blood and death.

You knew someone was going to die, that was a given. It wouldn't be a battle without death and injury. The fear of who would be lost was what was getting to you. You were two years ahead of the golden trio, which means you were the same age as the Weasley twins; Fred and George. In fact you were in a serious relationship with Fred.

You had kissed Fred hard, as he was going to fight alongside his family as you went with the golden trio, you hated being separated from him but he convinced you to do so, as it would be "romantic" to jump into his arms when the both of you survive. You kissed him like it would be the last time you would ever get to.

As you were in the courtyard fighting with Hermione and Ron, Ginny cried for you, and you knew something bad had happened. Hermione gave you a sympathetic expression as you leaped out of the courtyard, shooting at death eaters along the way, and following her lead to the Great Hall, where all dead bodies were being kept until they can properly be buried.

You gulped as you saw the sleeping figure at the foot of all Weasley's- your Fred. George was crying uncontrollably, just as you would be. Ron and Hermione had come to join you, hugging each side of you as you let all tears and sobs go, into the universe.

George had made his way to you, where he held you the same as Fred would, wrapping his arms around your head, keeping you against his chest and hearing his heartbeat. He smelled identical to Fred, which made you sob more. You couldn't live without him, but how could George be feeling? The two had been inseparable for their entire lives.

While you were comforting and being comforted by George, an arm had held you from the back, a grasp that was oh so familiar to you, Fred. You quickly turned around to see Fred, alive and well as you leaped into his arms.

"You didn't think I would really leave you, now do you?"

"Never, but I was scared." You said as he kissed the tears away, holding you close to him.

Then you felt a shaking, like someone was waking you up, you jolted awake, looking around to see your fiancée Fred laying in bed beside you.

"Y/n, what's the matter? Another nightmare darling?" He asked worried, sitting up next to you and rubbing your back.

"The same one, again." You cried into his chest as he rubbed your back comfortingly.

"You know that battle didn't take any of us away, right?"

"I know, we lived through it."

"Exactly, I didn't even get close to death, why would you even think that I died?"

"George told me a scary story that you did."

"Well that's the last time I let George tell you any kind of scary story." He said in a serious tone, causing you to laugh and be happy it was all just a terrible nightmare.