THREE

"Miss Dae?"

Rain woke with a start feeling someone shaking her shoulder. She looked up in bewilderment to see Noah standing above her holding Sunny.

"We've arrived."

"Mommy, Uncle Noah said that if I'm a good girl, he'll teach me how to ride a pony!"

Noah chuckled. "That was supposed to be between us, munchkin."

"What world have I woken up in? 'Uncle Noah'?"

His smile disappeared as his gaze returned to Rain. "Sunny woke up a few hours ago and you were sleeping like a rock so I kept her entertained. I hope that's alright with you."

"Perfectly alright. Thank you," Rain replied with a timid smile.

"You'll need to change clothes before we exit the plane."

"Why?"

He looked her up and down trying not to laugh. "Your ripped leggings and stained NYU t-shirt will hardly be presentable for our employer."

She stuck her tongue out at him. "Well, I don't have any other clothes on me at the moment so..."

"Rebecca?"

A petite older, blonde woman stepped from behind him holding a navy blue dress and a pair of heels.

"How do you even know my sizes?"

Noah smirked and turned around to walk off of the plane. "We do our research well, Miss Dae. Now hurry and get dressed. Sunny and I will be waiting outside."

Rain was too shocked to protest as he disappeared with her daughter. She looked down at the outfit she was wearing and realized he was probably right. First impressions were everything. Rebecca helped her change and then she brushed her hair and put some lip gloss on hoping it was enough to make her appear somewhat presentable.

Noah and Sunny were having a grand old time down on the tarmac as he swung her up in the air over and over again causing her to giggle incessantly.

Seeing Rain, he stopped and set Sunny on her feet. "Finally. Let's get going."

Sunny took his hand and skipped along behind him toward the car.

Rain rolled her eyes. Betrayed by her own daughter.

The ride to the manor was long but the scenery was so beautiful that Rain didn't mind. The sun was setting behind the winding mountains casting an entrancing purple-orange hue.

After an hour or so, they pulled up to a large gate shrouded in trees. The gates opened and they continued up a winding driveway before stopping in front of the largest house Rain had ever seen.

Her shock must have been apparent as she heard Noah chuckle beside her. "Welcome home."

The small blonde woman who had helped her earlier appeared. "Hello, again Miss Dae. My name is Rebecca and I will be your attendant. You can follow me to your suite." She had a kind smile and a sweet Italian accent.

"Okay, let me just get our bags."

"That will be taken care of," Rebecca said kindly.

"Oh. Alright. Come along Sunny."

"But I want to stay with Uncle Noah," she said pouting.

"I'll see you at dinner munchkin." He pinched her nose and she grinned, taking her mother's hand.

They followed Rebecca up the grand staircase and down a never-ending hallway while she spouted off facts about the home. "Welcome to Canmore Manor. The house was built in 1586 and was the summer residence of the first King of Andalia so it has a rich history."