THIRTEEN

"Mommy!"

Rain looked up from what she was doing and saw Alexander sprinting into her bedroom.

"I see you're ready for dinner," Rain said with a smile, opening her arms to give him a hug.

He nodded quickly, trying to catch his breath. "Jonathan won't wear his pajamas," Alexander said, once he had collected himself.

"Well that just won't do," Rain said with a frown. "Let's go see if we can convince him."

They raced each other through the manor down to the nursery to find Jonathan putting on his pajamas begrudgingly.

"What's going on?" Rain inquired breathlessly, glancing at Sunny who was sitting on the bed with a smug smile on her face.

"Sunny threatened to cry if I didn't wear them," Jonathan muttered angrily.

"Because I know the surprise! And you'll ruin it if you don't wear them!" Sunny clambered down from the bed pouting.

Jonathan's expression softened and he patted Sunny on the top of her head. "Don't be sad, Sunny. I'm wearing them. But only for you."

She beamed up at him and it took everything in Rain's power not to burst out laughing. "Okay, if you guys are ready, let's go see the surprise!"

Adam was waiting outside the nursery sporting the same irritated expression Jonathan had been wearing a few minutes earlier. This time Rain couldn't help herself and she dissolved into a fit of uncontrollable giggles.

"What's so funny?" Adam asked through his teeth.

"You...can't be so...hostile while you're wearing...reindeer pajamas," she managed to choke out between laughs.

"That's it. I'm changing," he announced and turned on his heel.

"Wait! Wait. I'm just teasing. I'm sorry."

He hesitated.

"I'm wearing the same thing so at least I look equally ridiculous."

"Rain, why are we even wearing these pajamas?"

"It's a surprise!" Sunny shouted, leaping into his arms. "Please don't be sad at mommy." She batted her long eyelashes at him and he relented, planting a kiss on her forehead.

Rain rolled her eyes. These Canmore men were so easily manipulated.

Dinner went by quickly and soon Noah came to get them.

"Miss Dae? Everything is ready."

"Alright!" Rain said clasping her hands together with a grin. "We're going down to the drawing room where many surprises await you. Last one there is a rotten tomato!"

A few minutes later, the happy group arrived at their destination and Sunny squealed in delight as she pushed open the double doors.

"Surprise!"

Emily and Grace were standing by a fifteen-foot tall Christmas tree surrounded by decorations. There was a table in the corner with hot chocolate and something called vin brule that Noah had insisted upon.

Adam, Jonathan, and Alexander were confused.

"What's going on?" Adam queried.

Emily was the one to answer. "We're decorating for Christmas!" She and her mother were also dressed in the reindeer pajamas.

Alexander and Sunny were beside themselves with excitement, talking over each other about how to start decorating. Jonathan quietly followed them over to the tree and greeted his grandmother and aunt.