FIVE

"Miss Dae?"

Rain groaned and rolled over in bed, pulling the covers more tightly around herself.

She heard the door to her bedroom creak open and sat up quickly when she heard a man's voice.

"Miss Dae?"

"Noah? What the hell are you doing?"

He was covering his eyes and feeling his way around the room. "I didn't know if you were decent or not but I wanted to make sure you were up. Breakfast begins soon and then you have Jonathan and Alexander's riding lesson."

Rain laughed. "You can uncover your eyes, Noah. And please, for God's sake, call me Rain." She threw back the covers and padded to the bathroom with a deep yawn.

Noah chuckled. "So now that you've felt Master Canmore's wrath you're being nice to me?"

"When was I not nice to you?" Rain asked, feigning innocence.

He rolled his eyes. "Whatever. I'll be outside to escort you when you're ready."

Rain referenced her contract again to make sure she was dressed appropriately for the lesson. She pulled on a pair of blue jeans, a white button-down shirt and a pair of boots. She checked her outfit in the mirror before brushing her teeth and rushing to get Sunny ready. Sunny's outfit was similar to her mother's as she was going to get to learn how to ride as well. She could hardly contain her excitement as Noah led them to the great hall for breakfast.

"Good morning," Mrs. Schmidt greeted them with a smile. "Eat quickly; We're running a little late."

"So what will I be doing while the boys are riding?" Rain slid into the empty chair next to Alexander and ruffled his hair gently. He smiled up at her in return.

"You will supervise."

"I don't know anything about horses," Rain replied, worrying her bottom lip.

"That's why you'll be supervising," Mrs. Schmidt said with a wink.

Rain snorted and dug into her breakfast. Her phone dinged with a notification and she smiled upon seeing the message from Liza.

Are you settling in okay?

Yeah, I guess. They're a little stiff here.

How is Sunny handling it?

She fits right in! We're about to go horseback riding.

What? Are you sure you're there to work? ;p

Haha. I've gotta go but we'll facetime you later. Love you!

Love you too!

Noah tapped her on the shoulder and she jumped. "Are you finished? It's time to go."

"Almost!" Rain silenced her phone and quickly shoveled the rest of her breakfast into her mouth. "Ready!"

"You're such a lady," Noah said sarcastically with a disgusted look on his face. "You've got some food in your hair."

"I'm saving it for later," she quipped, quickly running her fingers through her hair when she knew he wasn't looking.

Noah simply nodded and led the way to the stables.

Alexander ran up to Rain on the way over. "Do you ride, Miss Dae?"

"I do not but I can't wait to see you guys."

"Jonathan is a better rider than me," he said thoughtfully. "But I know more countries than he does! I can show you later if you'd like."

"I'd like that very much," Rain replied with a smile. "Do you like learning about different countries?"