Chapter 2: A Single Drop Creates a Tsunami

Authors Notes: Before I say anything at all I should mention that I don't own a single picture or piece of music that I link to in this entire thing unless explicitly stated otherwise. Also all rights go to Nintendo so please Nintendo don't sue me thank you very much. On another note I have some more music to listen to as well as a thank you to everyone who enjoyed the first part! Like I said no matter what happens I WILL complete this and will not drop it I swear. Thanks for the support! Here we go again...

Link slowly arose yet again from a night of rest. It was odd at first, actually getting a full nights sleep. During his journey unless he stayed in an inn or stable it was less than comfortable in the wild. Attacks could happen at any time and the rain was also a nightmare. Now that the Calamity was gone reports came in that monsters fled populated areas in large swaths save only the secluded and proud Lynels which kept to themselves. Zelda theorized that due to the Calamity's absence even if blood moons still occurred they would not have the same effect as before. Monsters will probably stay dead now; making traveling much safer for everyone. Also luckily for Link the sun was not positioned to shine directly into his eyes like it was yesterday. He would've used the curtains to shield himself from the rays but that was a slight issue. The curtains at that point were nothing but little fragments of fabric held together by strings. He made it a point, gazing at them, to bring it up with Zelda some time when things quieted down. He stretched, yawning and welcoming the morning. Everything seemed normal and calm, that was until his eyes wandered over to his slate. 

Next to the candle on the desk was the slate, same as usual, but something was a tad off. Instead of the usual blue or orange that it usually sported it instead was an odd green. It was the green that can only be described by looking similar to the luminous ore deposits that could be found around Hyrule. Puzzled by this Link picked up the slate viewing 4 new points marked on its map despite not being placed by him. They were all directly associated over the Divine Beasts. That also caused Link to tilt his head to the side in confusion. He had already not only freed the beasts but also traveled into the depths of their memory reliving the last moments of his friends, the champions. He still had nightmares sometimes about dying as they did despite him defeating the blights that resided within. Of course he immediately jumped up, cursing himself as he was still sore from the day before. After dressing himself he went down the hall lightly knocking on Zelda's room. It was not her old room but another that was re-purposed. He heard some shuffling before the door opened to a drowsy Zelda rubbing her eye. She was dressed in a light pink sleeping gown, had messy blonde hair, and was still in the process of waking up. She suddenly woke up a little bit when she realized who was at her door.  

"Oh Link, I did't expect you this early. Is something wrong?" she began noticing the odd expression on his face.

Putting the slate to his side he began signing "You need to look at this, I've never seen the slate do this before."

Intrigued by this she grabbed the slate as he held it out to her, "Yes, this is quite unusual. I've only ever seen the usual Sheikah blue or orange but this green is highly suspicious. Do you think it has something to do with the Calamities defeat?" she said gazing back up to meet his eyes. 

"I don't know, I woke up and it was simply like that. It also has the Divine Beasts marked on the map, could they be connected?" Link questioned.

"Whatever it may be I think you should pay them a visit immediately. Yes, yes before you begin I know you want to stay in help but the support has been staggering. I'm sure we can go without you for a few days or however long you need to find what this means. Just be sure to send a letter every so often so that I can keep track of your progress," she finished her monologue as Link was beginning to put up his hands again but put them back down.