Chapter 9: Confrontation and Conflicted Compassion

Author's notes: (Actually gonna my own picture of the hot springs once I get it from my switch but for now it's some stock thing). Hey all! School and work is a great combination that frees me up a lot of free time! Yea no, like I said it's getting more difficult to find the time to write so I'm going to try and make a chapter a week roughly. I can already tell though that these next few are gonna be interesting like I said in the last one, you'll see why :)

Also before anyone says it I promise you I don't view people as pieces of meat, but come on, I have to describe them somehow. Everyone does it and if you say you don't you're a liar. Just be mature about it and let me describe these two bros chilling in a hot spring five feet apart because they're not gay.

Notes about the song: This song has some very good hidden meaning if you look between the lines. It might even relate to the story in some way, hmmm. Kinda like most of the one's I've done recently. It's almost like i'm picking the song based on the characters or events of the chapter... might just be me, I don't know. ;)

Warnings: Mentions of Blood and gore (gore as in injury type stuff). This chapter will also contain some themes of depression and self worth. It is similar to last chapter but focuses on a different area. The idea of self care v. achieving a goal. I promise it is nothing too dark but just be wary of it. I assure you I don't throw these in for no reason. They are significant and are necessary for the development of the characters. Thank you

Just like the first flight, the second was also quite silent. When the air is cold enough to sting the lungs and winds loud enough it's quite hard to carry a conversation. Luckily with Link's guidance they were able to arrive at the hot springs in a short time. It was different since the last time Link had been there. Before it was just a small little body of water that resembled a rough triangle with a large chunk of rock near the center. It was hidden away beneath the large rock walls covering it on two sides. The third open side lead towards the edge of the mountain that it resided on. If you weren't looking for it, it was almost impossible to find. The only way one could stumble upon it was the two large flag posts that still flew the old Hylian flag. Leftovers from the old kingdom, even they however were still concealed by the large walls of stone. After finding it near a shrine, that was also hidden away, Link had relayed the information to the village. Ever the entrepreneur, Cecili immediately staked her claim on the area. Calling in a favor from a particular Bolson's Construction Company they were able to remodel most of the area. Now it was becoming a popular tourist spot for those who made trips to the village. Link personally thought they should've dropped the "secret" of Sturinda Secret Hot Springs but to each his own.

Circling the area twice Revali finally saw a decent spot to land. Noticing a small little wooden kiosk a small distance away from the two flag posts. He flew over and daintily landed in front of the small structure, trying his best not to throw Link off. The kiosk had some writing on the front of it which read: Sturinda Secret Hot Springs. Reservations only, please confirm your appointment here!

After reading it Link saw that there was no one manning the front and saw a little bell on the counter. He put his hand over the bell and hit the button; a clapper smacked against the side making a loud ding! There was some shuffling from the small back room that was connected to the kiosk. Its purpose was probably so that whoever manned it didn't have to be out in the cold and snow for their entire shift. After a moment a navy blue Rito appeared making his way to the front.