Chapter 21: Falling Feathers

Author's Notes: (picture from the Zelda Fandom wiki) Wow, this was a wild ride wasn't it? 21 Weeks (practically) of writing, over a hundred thousand words. Graduating the week I finish this, come on, how perfect is that? You all have no idea how much this has meant to me, not only as an author but just being the person that I am. This motivated me to get off my butt and create. I followed my core tenet and I still follow it even today, as I'm writing this:

As long as a single person smiles, that's all I need 

It's true, honestly. I would've kept writing and continuing even if only a single person was reading it. To me, writing fulfills a promise between me and you. If you take the time out of your day to read my work; it is my job to make sure that it is worth that time. So, thank you. All of you, every single last one of you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Okay no more mushy stuff from me, let's celebrate the end of Lone Arrow in the Quiver. <3

Song Notes: There was no other song in my mind. It could only ever be this one. 

Revali stepped through the large doorway, marveling at its beauty. On the outside, it appeared as if it was just a simple wooden door with a round top. What he marveled at, was what he saw once he opened it. The entire area was illuminated in a calm, warm light. He walked out onto the grass and admired his surroundings. The area was seemingly modeled in the shape of the door he just stepped through. Two sides ran parallel and led to a rounded section at the end of it. The perimeter was dotted with beautiful Cherry Blossoms. Zelda had planted them personally. He walked through the sizable garden and gawked at the sheer amount of flowers. Zelda had made sure that the Royal Garden was restored to its former glory, and more. At mere the sight of it, Revali could say she was successful. 

He passed by an uncountable number of different lilies, roses, tulips, orchids, violets, gerberas, and even more that he couldn't even recognize. As he walked, a nice breeze flowed through the trees around him. Several petals fell from them like large, pink droplets of rain. He kept walking until he made it to the very end of the garden. There, at the center of the half circle, was a small wooden bench. Revali held his bouquet in hand and sat down, taking a deep breath. He heard a rustling sound behind him and tilted his head towards his left, it was Zelda. She gestured to the seat next to him and he nodded in response. The princess sat down next to him and put her hands in her lap. 

"It's beautiful, isn't it? I couldn't be happier to see it like this. Just as my mother had, when she was still with us," she spoke softly. Zelda dressed in a light blue, shin length dress that rippled like waves in the ocean. 

"Yes, it's more beautiful than I could have possibly imagined. I think that many artists will visit just for a chance at inspiration," Revali replied. He still kept his bouquet of flowers in wing and turned his eyes towards the sky above. A few pillowy clouds floated here and there; but for the most part, it was a vast blue.   

The princess let out a small laugh, "I think you may be right there, Revali." She then turned her gaze towards the flowers in his wings, "would, I be able to accompany you?" Zelda asked in a solemn tone.

"Don't you have princess business or some royal duty to attend? I wouldn't want to take up your time," Revali asked, holding the flowers out in front of him. Since the Silent Princess had started to bloom across Hyrule, it wasn't hard to get a bouquet or even a basket of them. Thinking about why he was here, Revali thought it would only be appropriate to carry these flowers.