Chapter 12: Climactic Confrontation and Passionate Professions

Author's Notes: Thank y'all for bearing with me, I promise I really aim for about one chapter a week at the minimum. School is getting into midterms and work is getting crazy all the same. Fret not! I shall not waver in my dedication to this and the quality that I wish to put out. No matter what happens I will never sacrifice quality for quantity; that is a philosophy that I don't believe in and never will. Now, with that out of the way I can get back to the story. Yes the duo may have a bit of Clark Kent syndrome where a change of clothes completely masks their identity; but, I like the way it plays off the games mechanics and it's quite funny at the end of the day. Before it is mentioned I would like to say that yes I know that in game the storms stop once Vah Naboris is liberated but I personally like the environmental danger that it brings with it. It also creates a nice backdrop for the contents of this chapter, hint hint. Besides that I'm happy to say that for those Zelda fans, yes we will be getting back to her soon. There is a reason as to why I've left her alone for a bit and it should be a satisfying revelation. Let's not get to into it here though, jump in below, eat some popcorn, and enjoy the read. :)

Song Notes:     ;)       that's all ya get from me

So I'll be quoting William Blake sparingly from here on out so this is just so I have the citation here for people to see. I know it's fair use and all that but I'm crazy about making sure credit goes to the right author's even if they're super dead. 

Citation: Blake, William, and Michael Phillips. The Marriage of Heaven and Hell. Bodleian Library, 2011.

Link was beginning to hate this shade of green; so far it has only brought misery. At the same time, however, it was the only way that he was able to bring his friends back from their slumber. The sandstorms were still raging outside so they made sure to stay away from any places open to the air. Luckily for them the interior of the Naboris was quite spacious and after some fiddling with terminals he had closed off all of the portholes leading outside. That may have kept them safe from the dust devils but it was also a double edged sword. They were now stuck with no escape in this fight; all parties would be backed into a corner. As Link knew, better than anyone, a cornered animal will fight harder than any other. Before investigating the central terminal they had decided to go through their battle plan. Obviously they would be facing off against the previous Matriarch and Leader of the Gerudo People: Urbosa.

"Mipha never got a chance to use her healing and I used the arena to mitigate your use of Revali's Gale. This is a bit different, if she lands a direct hit on either of us with lightning it could be lethal," Link signed grimly. Using a small pile of sand that had accumulated in the corner; he was drawing out a battle map on the floor. 

"Well, that just sounds peachy doesn't it? I would assume that with my speed and your defensive capabilities we shouldn't have to worry about lightning as long as we are vigilant," Revali proposed, crossing his wings. Even with two of them it was still going to be an uphill battle.

"I hope you are correct, we just need to stay moving at all times. Never give her a clear shot or you'll be toast. You can disrupt her from the air and I can focus on taking her down, it'll be a two pronged attack," Link signed to Revali who had leaned against a nearby wall. Link drew an "x" on the map and two "o" shapes. Making arrows that converged right on the "x" in the center. 

"Even without lightning you need to be careful; she is a master of the scimitar and shield combat style. She invented a few of those techniques herself as a matter of fact," Revali pointed towards him and tapped his talon on the little "x". Shifting the sand so it was almost not visible anymore.