Chapter 13: Confessions and Perceptive Princesses

Author's Notes: (pic from Zeldapedia). WOO SPRING BREAK, except my work decides to schedule me almost every single day. Welp, it is still spring break and I have more time than I usually would be allowed to use just for writing. Don't worry I am not going to be spamming out chapters but I will be probably writing a couple of chapters ahead. I plan to write a few chapters in the week and then release them on my weekly schedule. This way I can get ahead of the game and y'all will still be getting a chapter a week! It's gonna be great and awesome and I love everything about it. If you haven't guessed, this chapter is kind of a big deal... So get to it! Check it out! Christian OUT!

Song notes: Well what can I say? This is one of my favorite songs of all time and the music video is awesome! However, it is a bit ehhhh pg13+ so I'll leave y'all to look for that if you want. I'm just gonna put up the lyric video. 

Also yes I'm quoting more William Blake and before anyone says it, yes I know this hit 11k. Guess what though I'm the author so I can do what I want, including contradict myself. (just joking, I don't plan on doing this in the future, this chapter is just really stuffed)

Unsurprisingly the trip back towards Central Hyrule had an shroud of tension around the both of them. They were equally on edge and nervous about today's planned events. Revali knew that Link had planned out their stopping point at a small town near Hylia River but nothing else. The hero himself, had another plan in play. After speaking with Princess Zelda prior to his journey to the Zora Domain, she had given Link several new points of interest. One of these new points of interest was a small town being built up near, what was once, the Wetland Stables. After the influx of travelers most of the stables located near Central Hyrule have developed into small communities, this was no exception. What was special about this location was an up and coming fine dining restaurant. Now that people actually had time and resources to devote to areas besides defending from monster attacks; new opportunities opened up for talented individuals. Link had never expected to actually dine at the location on his journey but now he had different motivations. From what the Slate had relayed to him, tonight would be a full moon. Under the nights sky and in a full moon it would be a perfect setting for a romantic dinner.  

Traveler's Town, Revali thought to himself. That is the name that Link gave him for their location. It was a bit uninspired but it was practical enough. He didn't know anything about the place but according to Link it was the perfect place to stock up before heading to Death Mountain. After looking though his outfits, he was happy to find his metal coat still intact. It would give him an almost complete immunity to even the hottest temperatures. Unlike in the desert, the coat would actually be useful in this situation. In the desert, the sun would've turned it into an oven and cooked him alive. In an area like Death Mountain where direct heat is dependent on the environment, it would be ideal. He patted the bag at his side with his Talon; brushing the solid shape of his present. Revali knew that for someone like Link, flowers would not be enough. He wanted to go above and beyond; not only for Link but for his own honor as well. No self respecting suitor would go about expressing their desire with sub par and ineloquent gifts. He was a Rito of culture, and he was going to make that known. 

"I'm going to check in with Princess Zelda and update her on our progress. It's been a few days and I think it's about time I stop by. I shouldn't be gone longer than a few hours, meet me here," Link signed before tapping the Riverside Stables on the slate. So much had been happening in the past few days that he had almost forgot that Mipha might've already met up with Zelda at the castle. Although he didn't know how long her father wanted to hold her there; he was sure she wouldn't be kept at home for too long. Mipha always liked to be on the move, she and Zelda both shared that sentiment. It wouldn't hurt to check just to see if she had made it yet.