5| Duplicity

Time: 6:48

Location: under the Principal's desk.

~

Ro's POV

"About that hair growth shampoo..." He continued.

Struggling to hold in my laugh, I accidentally kick his desk. Fuck. I cursed myself, scrunching my face in annoyance. You'd expect me to be the least clumsiest person after years of training but noo. Somehow I still manage to get into shitty situations like this.

His voice immediately halts.
Footsteps come closer to his desk.

"Sir! There's a group of guys outside smoking behind the school" A familiar deep voice says from outside.

"I'll be there right away." The principal said, his tone becoming serious. His footsteps slowly distancing away from me; I sigh in relief.

When another pair of shoes come into view and a hand reaches for me, I gladly accept it. Taehyung.

"Thanks for that." I smile slightly. He returns me a slight grin until his eyes widen in realisation.

"There were no guys smoking. We need to go." He urges, grabbing my wrist firmly and running out of the room.

~

"Nice diversion" I compliment him, heaving out a sigh after running.

"Thanks" He replies out of breath. Beads of sweat slid down the side of his face and unknowingly I wiped it off gently with the back of my hand.

His eyes widen at my sudden act and I quickly retreat my hand.

"Sorry, I don't know why I did that" I quickly say, flustered with my stupidity. We instantly avoid eye contact. The atmosphere suddenly becomes thick.

"It's alright."

Although seemingly unaffected, his pulsing heart beat suggested otherwise. He didn't understand himself how such a simple act could effect him so much.

"Hey, you wanna go eat some cake?" I suggest, lightening the mood. "That date you wanted, let's do it."

"Y-yeah, sure" He stutters, eyes widening in shock. He never expected you to actually agree to go on a date with him, especially since you just met him.

In reality, you couldn't care less. It wasn't a real date for you anyway but for him it was. Despite this, he shrugs off his thoughts and smiles slightly.

This time i grab his hand, leading him towards a small café near us. Surprisingly he doesn't let go. His slender fingers wrap around my hand firmly. A sense of security and comfort arises within his hold.

I think I can trust Taehyung for now. I know it's a risk, but he's proving to be useful. I didn't even need to try.

~

On arriving to the café, Taehyung excuses himself as someone calls him, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

I decided to recap everything that happened within my first day back to school. A lot.

Progress regarding my mission. Well, so far we've made some. Some.

My conceited self thought it was easy. So easy that I could figure out who this BTS undercover guy was and what his intentions were.

However, ever since Taehyung suddenly came into the picture, I've managed to narrow the guys down. If it wasn't for him I couldn't have seen their files.

I hate relying on people but it's only temporary. Taehyung is temporary and once he's done his part in the game, I'll disregard him. It's not like I'm staying in this school forever. We'll probably never encounter each other again. As long as he doesn't prevent me from completing my first real mission, there won't be any problems.

Anyway, back to the guy. It's going to be really difficult to figure out if it's him if I don't communicate with him. The guy will eventually talk to me since I am a source in providing them information about our company.

Park Jimin. If it is you, what were you sent here for?