7| Nuisance

Time: 9:09

Location: My House

~

I open the door, glancing at his angered expression. His right hand pinching the bridge of his nose, whereas his left firmly grasped onto a glass of alcohol.

He swirls it, seemingly deep in thought until I break the silence. "What's with the tense look, dad?" I ask, taking a seat in front of his large desk. "We need to talk." I begin, memorising the details of today's event, until his charcoal eyes pierce into mine.

"Wait, I need a moment." He sighs. The words escaping his mouth sounded weak; defeated. It drastically contrasted the fire burning within the brief stare he gave me moments ago.

I realise whatever's happened is dire. It's almost impossible to evoke such a distressed reaction from my father. The one and only exception being the day my mother passed away, however my thoughts are immediately abandoned once he gently placed the glass down.

"It's gone. Almost half, if not more of the money I've hidden for decades is gone. Some bastard managed to successfully take it all. Fair play, he managed to kill every security guard in one night. Leaving no evidence whatsoever. Fortunately, I'm aware of the person who sent him." He explicates.

It takes me a few seconds to comprehend the situation. One guy pulled that off in a night? Damn. "BTS." He growls, clenching his fist in pure hatred. I can sense my father's emotion slowly getting out of hand and stand, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Dad, let's not allow our emotions to complicate the issue." I reassure him, but at the same time I'm worried. "Let's initiate a plan and get back what those sons of bitches stole from us."

"Language, Ro." He reminds me, slightly amused by my confidence. "Hey, I'm a grown woman now." I backfire, furrowing my eyebrows. "Of course you are. Now, I've wasted enough time. Firstly, tell me about your mission. If you've made any progress at all?" He mocks, linking his hands on top of his desk.

"For your information, I have." I reciprocate his actions, smirking. "I've discovered a potential suspect for the undercover guy working for BTS. His name is Park Jimin. The Principal's files. While reading them, I saw how unusual it was for him to suddenly apply to the school midway in a term. Also, his private information was missing. A bit suspicious, don't you think?" I explain.

"Good job, Ro. I knew you'd do well." He praises, smiling genuinely. The compliment causes my face to heat up, but being the narcissistic brat I am, I swiftly turn my head away. "I told you it wouldn't be that hard." I huff.

"But you haven't ensured that it is him, have you? It could simply be a coincidence, so I suggest you work on that the following week. For now, let's prepare you for your other undercover mission." He says, lifting the same documents from before and handing them to me.

"My Plan was to explain this to you on Friday, but I guess things never go to plan, do they?" I shake my head in agreement, recalling the small detail about Taehyung I left out.

"I won't explain much, since you already know how to prepare for this, so simply put, work at the bar, maybe even earn some money, and observe the visitors. Their leader's son, Kim Namjoon, goes there quite often. I'm sure you'll realise why once you arrive there. There's only one problem though." He breathes out, examining me my face.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" I retort, slightly concerned about his next words.

"You might have to... perform for them. It wasn't my choice, the manager was insistent and desperate. He would've refused, which I couldn't risk, or else we'd lose a valuable position in terms of figuring out information about BTS." He sighs.

"They're a very secretive company, and I'm well aware that their men are everywhere and rigorously trained. It's only brief, it wo-" I cut him off rudely, which I never do unless I'm pissed, and I am.

"No." I hiss, finality in my tone. "There's no way in hell I'm exposing my precious body to some dirty old fucks for information. There must be some other way." I reply in utter disgust. I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

"Then you leave me no choice, Ro. You're going there whether you like it or not. Unless, you'd rather stay locked up in this house for eternity?" His firm voice resonated in the room like poison to my veins. That hurt.

I blink, taken aback. "Fine, I guess you've never seen me as your daughter but just an asset to your company. I never thought you'd just throw me away like that-"

"Ro, please understand that you're being childish here-" He interrupts me, walking closer.

"I despise you for that." My hands tremble as my heart beats out of control. Bitter tears steadily stream down my face and I run. I run out of the house to God knows where.

I need to breathe.