Three.

𝒩𝓊𝓇𝑒𝒾𝓁𝒶 𝒫𝓇𝑜𝓂𝒾𝓈𝑒

𝒩𝓊𝓇𝑒𝒾𝓁𝒶 𝒫𝓇𝑜𝓂𝒾𝓈𝑒

The next day of school was ridiculous. Kahlia loud mouth ass went around telling folks that I was with Rashan. We didn't do anything so I don't know why people are making a big deal out of it. As I walked down the hallway I kept hearing slick shit come from my classmates mouths. I tried to ignore it but it was too much. I walked passed a group of girls and instantly I received backlash from them.

"She think she the shit because she was messing with Rashan. He ain't gon do nothing but drop her dusty ass." one of the girls said. I've had my fill of the disrespect. Ain't no disrespect without retaliation. I turned my body towards the group of girls and let all the bottled up anger inside of me flow out.

"First of all nothing even happened with Rashan. Nothing would've happened because I have a boyfriend for starters. Second because I'm 17 and he's 21. Uh hello, rape? Also I have a boyfriend. Why is my business so important to you huh? Probably because you're jealous that I'm spending time with him and you're not. So cut the slick shit. If you gotta say something say it to my face and not under your breath. Believe me I will beat your ass if you even breathe my name. Watch yourself hoe."

After that I walked away leaving her mouth agape. I was so tired of people being so nosy at this school. Why was someone else business so important? Unfortunately that's the world we live in.

The remainder of the day was a blur because I was really trying to get home. Constantly having to hear my name being uttered underneath everyone's breath was getting annoying.  As I exited the building a crowd of students were standing in front of the school. I walked towards the crowd and scooted myself towards the front. When I got there my eyes widened when Rashan was in my eyesight.

I lowered my head so we wouldn't see me but I knew it was too late. I could feel his eyes burning a hole in my face. I raised my head slowly in defeat and locked eyes with his. He shot me a wink which caused a light pink hue to spread across my cheeks.

Suddenly, I was shoved out the way by someone but come to find out it was Jamari. He seemed eager to reach Rashan. I watched as they shook hands and hugged but Rashan was smiling at me.

I rolled my eyes and began to walk down the sidewalk towards my house. I popped my earphones in my ears to drown out the constant chatter of students. I was halfway home when a car pulled up beside me, breaking my concentration from my music. The window rolled down and Rashan was in the drivers seat while Jamari was in the passengers.

"Get in." Rashan said. His tone was nonchalant and bare but I wasn't in the mood for his antics. I continued walking but I was cut off once again when Rashan pulled the car on the sidewalk in front of me.

"I said get in the fucking car before I flatten yo ass." I had no other choice than to comply. I got in the car and Rashan backed up then pulled off. Jamari was on his phone and unconcerned about my well-being. How could he let Rashan talk to me like that?