Nineteen.

(this is my favorite song right now, you can listen to it if you want)

𝒩𝓊𝓇𝑒𝒾𝓁𝒶 𝒫𝓇𝑜𝓂𝒾𝓈𝑒

ᴰᵉᶜᵉᵐᵇᵉʳ ²⁵ᵗʰ

"Rashan come on, it'll be fun." I said, switching placing my phone on speaker before tossing it on the bed. I ran a comb through my hair as he spoke.

"Ion wanna be around your uptight ass family."

Me and Rashan were currently going back and forth about him spending time with my family for Christmas. He kept saying he had other shit to do. Yeah right.

"Please, baby?" I whined, sniffling a little to try and convince him more.

"Yeah you can stop allat fake ass crying. If I say yes, will you stop?"

"Yes!"

"Ight, see you in a few hours then." The phone clicked and I cheesed hard. These past few days with Rashan have been nothing but heaven. He showed me this soft side of him that I couldn't help but love.

I took a look in the mirror to look at the ugly sweater, jeans, and boots I had on. I did a little turn and smiled at myself before grabbing my phone to exit the room. My family had a tradition of wearing the ugliest sweaters we could make or buy and we voted to see who had the best one.

In this case, the ugliest.

I skipped down the stairs and looking around our well-decorated house. My mom always went all out for occasions holidays. Even the small ones. I went into the kitchen to find my mom cooking up a storm. She already did the desserts first and was working on the macaroni.

"Need any help, mom?" I asked, moving next to her then looking over the various items spread over the countertop.

"No baby, I got it. Your uncles, aunts, and cousins should be arriving soon so try and clean up the house a little before they arrive."

I nodded and went into the front room to clean up a little bit, arranging things around and sweeping a little. The doorbell soon rang and I ran to open it.

"Uncle Charlie!" I yelled, jumping into his arms.

"Hey Nunu." He said hugging me tightly, backing me up into the house. He let go and moved deeper into the house. Behind him was my Aunt Shirley and my cousin Ketheion. I gave them my hellos and Ketheion went straight into the living room to hook up his game.