Thirty.

𝒵𝒶𝓃𝑒 𝒲𝒾𝓁𝓁𝒾𝒶𝓂𝓈

𝒵𝒶𝓃𝑒 𝒲𝒾𝓁𝓁𝒾𝒶𝓂𝓈

"Alright Mr. Williams, you're free to go." The nurse handed me my discharge papers and belongings. I thanked her and headed out to meet Rashan who was parked in front of the building.

"Wassup nigga? I see you're a free man now." Rashan joked as I got in then pulled off."

"Cut allat shit out. Where we headed?" I opened his glove compartment to pull out a freshly rolled blunt then I lit it.

"Back to the crib. We're kinda having a celebration." I shrugged and continued to puff at my blunt.

******

Once we arrived at Rashan's house, it was packed full of people. I looked around to see people chatting with one another, playing cards, eating, and even someone barbequing outside.

We made our way through the crowd to head outside where the majority of the party was. I caught sight of Nureila and O'Shea in the pool. My daughter looked adorable while swimming.

Rashan led me over to the table so I could fix myself a plate. Once we were situated, we sat in some chairs that were nearby the pool so I could keep an eye on O'Shea.

"What's on your mind man? You've been quiet since we got here." Rashan nudged me in my side before taking a bite of a chicken leg.

Honestly, life seemed different after almost dying. I had more respect for the life I was living and everything around me.

"That blunt is putting me on my ass. By the way, what are we celebrating?" I questioned, scooping some baked beans and coleslaw on my smoke sausage.

"Us getting out the game." I stared at Rashan while taking a bite from my smoke sausage.

I mean, of course, I was happy that Rashan and I were getting out the game but I had no other source of income. The money I had saved up would do what, last me and O'Shea about a year?

"What's our next move, Shan? I have a daughter to take care of."

"And I have a future wife to think about." Rashan glanced over at Nureila who was stepping out the pool with O'Shea.

" Rashan glanced over at Nureila who was stepping out the pool with O'Shea

(her eye looks weird to me idk)

"Hey gorgeous." Rashan pulled Nureila into her lap and leaned over so she could pass O'Shea to me. I placed kissed all over her face and she squealed in delight.

"Look at my baby girl, all dressed up. I'm guessing Nureila had something to do with your outfit?" I looked over at Nureila who was smiling hard.

"She's such a little diva." Nureila said while O'Shea squirmed in my lap, reaching over towards Nureila. She picked O'Shea and took her back into the pool and I laughed as she squealed when Nureila slapped the water down in front of her.

I turned to look at Rashan who was staring lovingly at Nureila and I nudged him in his side. "You whipped like a mutha'fucka."

"Shut up." Rashan kissed his teeth and took a sip of his drink. While we sat and watched the party around us, thoughts about the future crossed my mind.

"Shan, you never told me what our next steps were." I said out of nowhere. Rashan stirred his drink around in his cup then turned to me.

"That's the best part, we can figure that out together." I was a little skeptical at Rashan's words because the only thing I knew how to do was sling dope.

"I'm not good at anything else." I confessed, standing to my feet along with Rashan. Rashan stared at me then furrowed his eyebrows.

"Aye, everyone listen up!" Rashan yelled and the music along with chatter died down so everyone could give their attention to Rashan.

"As you all know, Zane and I decided to step out of the game so we could focus on our future. I know most of you don't agree with my decision but come on, we can't do this forever. We have families to take care of and being honest, I wasn't really cut out for the drug life. Yes, a lot of you will be scramblin' looking for other areas of work but don't choose Kwan as an option since he's taking over my new territory. If the game is something you enjoy then, by all means, continue to do what you like. However, use this chance as an opportunity to do something good in life. That's all, thanks for coming everyone. Let's keep this party going." Rashan concluded his speech and everyone clapped then went back to what they were doing.

"You plan on marrying Nureila?" I said while watching O'Shea kick her chubby legs at the water.

"I think you know the answer to that." We playfully pushed each other and enjoyed the rest of the festivities. 

What we weren't prepared for were the events that followed this day.

A short filler until the real shit comes 😈

vote and comment 💛

please excuse mistakes!