Chapter 20 - Winter Soldier

"HYDRA, doesn't like leaks." I roll my eyes at Sitwell. I was stuck in between him and Nat in the backseats of Sam's car.

"Well then try and stick a cork in it." I silently laugh at Sam's remark.

"Insight's launching in sixteen hours, we're cutting it a bit close." Nat says, popping her head round Steve's seat.

"Iknow, we'll use Sitwell to bypass the DNA scans and access the helicarriers directly." Steve said but his plan was quickly shot down.

"What? Are you crazy?" I scoff slightly.

"Yep." I was ignored.

"That is a terrible, terrible idea!" We then all heard a noise above us and then Sitwell was throw out the window, by a metal arm? Whoever it is they start to shoot. I help Nat climb into the front, and she lands on top of Steve. A bullet then hits my left shoulder and I cry out in pain.

"Stiles!" I pull out the bullet and feel the wound healing.

"I'm fine." Cap then stops the car and a figure dressed in black is sent flying off from the roof. The man and a metal arm and was kitted out in assassin wear. A mask covered the bottom half of his face and googles over his eyes, as he looked up at us. 

Winter Soldier, don't kill, friend

What? How can void think he is a friend? He shot me! This is not the time to become forgiving. 

Cars zoomed past us as the man stood on the road, waiting for us to make a move. Nat goes to shoot him but a car crashes into us, forcing us to head towards the man. As we got nearer he flipped up on top of us and ripped out the steering wheel. 

I grab my gun and Nat and I both start shooting but he jumps away from us. The car behind that was obviously not friendly kept pushing us to the edge. Cap then grabs his shield.

"Hang on." He, Nat and Sam all jump out with the protection of his shield while I just jump and roll on the road. I get up slowly, waiting for my broken arm to heal by snapping it back into place with a groan. Sam's car is a wreck at the other end of the bridge. 

I spot Sam near by and Cap and Nat up ahead, but Cap is soon sent flying off the bridge by a blast from his shield. 

Armed men start coming out from the van and they all started firing. We all take cover behind cars. I lost my gun in the crash. Nat then takes most of the fire by shooting back and jumps off the edge of the bridge. 

Sam and I watch as the man and most of the men jump down off as well. I throw him a knife and he nods at me. We tackle the two men left up here and take there guns. 

"Get down there. I'll be fine here." I nod. I step up on the edge and step down, landing with a roll before getting up and raising my gun. Cap was in the middle of machine guns with only his shield. Sam starts shooting and so do I. Soon all these guys were dead. 

"Go, I got this!" I heard Sam shout. 

Romanoff hit

What? Void! What are you saying?

Romanoff hit

I run, not sure where I was going but I was just following my instincts. I finally spot the man, he was about to fire on Nat. 

I push myself to go faster and I jumped up and hit him, knocking him off the car he was standing on. He aimed his gun at me but I dodged the bullets, my supernatural side kicking in. 

I grab the end of his guns as he fires and point it away from me with al the strength I could muster. 

He soon got the upper hand though by grabbing a knife that was stuck to his leg and sliced my arm and punched me with his metal arm in the head. I pulled back in pain, though he wasn't done with me yet. 

He raised his hand that was holding the knife and threw it. In my daze from the punch I wasn't quick enough and it was too late. 

The knife plunged deep into my chest.

I let out a gasp and fell to the floor. 

The last thing I saw was Cap running at the man. 

I didn't see a white light and then nothing.

I didn't get a flashback of my past.

There was just nothing.

The dark abyss of life ending. 

But then I saw him. The nogitsune.

"What is this? I'm I dead?" 

"Sort of. Because you have two spirits inside of you, you are different from anyone else." He says walking around me. "It also means that if you die, I die."

"Yeah I know this. You haven't answered my question." 

"You gained some of my powers when our spirits linked and I give you information in your head so I can live. Because you see, I don't want to die. You just unlocked a power I gave you at the start. Your welcome."

"What?" He then disappeared somewhere out of my sight. "That doesn't answer my-" I gasp as  feel a sharp pain in my chest. 

I open my eyes. I'm alive. I look down to see that the wound was healed.

"Bucky?" Is that Cap. I look to see him standing looking at the man. He no longer had his mask on. 

"Who the hell is Bucky?" Sam then flew in with his suit, knocking him down. And Nat shot a grenade at him. 

"Stiles? You're alive? How?" I turn to Nat bewildered.

"I don't know."  Suddenly HYDRA surrounds us. We lost this fight.