Chapter 29 - Falling City

"Now way we all get through this. If even one tin soldier is left standing, we've lost. There's gonna be blood on the floor." Stark said to us as I tightened my holster. I tipped my hood over my head.

"I got no plans for tomorrow night." Cap said back.

"Well I was planning a binge night of Netflix and popcorn but I can wait." I joke.

"I get first crack at the big guy. Iron Man's what he's waiting for."

"It's true he hates you the most." Robot, who we named Vision, said walking past. 

"Ultron knows we are coming. Odds are we'll be riding into heavy fire. And that's what we signed up for. But the people of Sokovia, they didn't. So our priority is getting them out. All they want is to live in peace. And that's not going to happen today. But we can do our best to protect the,. And we can get the job done. We find out what Ultron has been building, we find Romanoff, and we clear the field. Keep the fight between us. Ultron thinks we're monsters. That we're what's wrong with the world. This isn't just about beating him. It's about whether he's right."

Cap's speeches always go on for so long. I think one day I will fall asleep after one. 

We were in Sokovia now and I was guiding people out of the city along with the others. Suddenly robots came climbing out of the ground and stared attacking people. I pulled out my katana and got to work. Some were flying and people were running manic. 

I watched Wanda put up a shield with her powers to protect the people. I aided her on killing the attackers. 

I destroyed another robot and stopped to catch my breath. 

Move.

Huh? I do move though as the ground started to shake. A crack formed right were I had been standing and it spread. The whole city split and we started going upwards.

"Do you see. The beauty of it all. The inevitability. You rise only to fall. You, Avengers. You are my meteor. My swift and terrible sword. And the earth will crack with the weight of your failure. Purge me from your computers, turn my own flesh against me. It means nothing. When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world. Will be metal." I decapitated the robot delivering me the message from Ultron. 

"Cap you got incoming." 

"Incoming already came in. Stark you worry about bringing the city down safely. The rest of us have one job, tear these things apart. you get hurt, you hurt them back. You get killed, walk it off."

I laugh to myself at Cap and raise my katana again and jump at another robot. I hear a familiar roar and look over my shoulder to see the Hulk.

"Good going Banner." I then spot Nat and run over, finishing off the robot she was attacking. 

"Hey Stiles, how you doing?" I laugh.

"You know, I'm going to kill you for getting captured."

"Yeah." She jammed a piece of metal into the heart of a robot and shot another, destroying it. I look at her with a raised eyebrow. "You can try." 

"Alright we're all clear here."

"We are not clear! We are very not clear!"

"Clint help Cap." I order and nod at Nat. I get why spies do the nodding thing now. We get back to work. 

"Romanoff!" I hear Cap shout.

"Thanks!" 

"The next wave is going to hit any minute. What you got Tony?" I say over coms.