Chapter 35 - Gut Feeling

I sat, glaring at the camera that was pointed at me from the corner of the 'room'. They handcuffed me to the wall of an office that had been stripped to the minimal. I can't believe Tony would let them chain me up like a dog. I'm not a werewolf!

They will all turn on you eventually. 

Void, now is not the time. Suddenly void himself showed up in front of me.  I rolled my eyes, now used to seeing him whenever I don't have total control of my emotions.  

"What do you want?" I ask the bandaged creature in front of me, that every so often seemed to glitch and change to my face then back. 

"I want you to realise that the only person you can rely on is me." I shake my head, dismissing him. 

"Never going to happen." He laugh at me.

"We shall see, we shall see..." The image of him then disappeared, almost into dust, as a man and a women, both in uniform came in.

"Come on, we are moving you." I shook my cuffed hands and scoffed. The women uncuffed me from the table, but my hands were still restrained, and grabbed my arm. 

They escorted me into a modern looking hallway when all the lights went out. Red emergency lights started to flash around us. Is there some sort of attack going on?

"What's happening? Guys!" I shouted confused as they both received orders and grabbed me tighter. 

"Shut up, follow us." I did as I was told for once. Though when we were passing some sort of canteen area, I saw Bucky fighting agents. NO, it was the Winter Soldier.

 I elbowed the man, who was behind me in the face and kicked the women in the back of her knees, and ran towards the Winter Soldier. I found the force within me (Void) to break my cuffs and threw a punch at him. 

We started fighting hand to hand when he got the upper hand with a gun I didn't know he had on him. He held the gun up to my face but I saw Tony blast a sonic thing at him which affected me as well. I gripped my ears in pain and moved out from the fight for a second. 

I looked up and saw Tony get hit back into some tables. Agent Carter then ran up to him as well with Nat helping her out. I saw the Winter Solider get a grip around Nat's throat and I pushed myself up to help her. 

I punched him round the head, knocking him off of her. T'Challa then started going at him while I stayed with Nat. Her neck was bright red from where his metal hand had been. 

"Nat..." I mumble helping her to sit.

"I'm fine. Don't worry." She coughed out. Suddenly a group of agents, including the two I got away from before surrounded us. I put up my hands in defense. "Go after the Winter Soldier, not me!" Some left to look over the area. The man and women stayed behind.

"Come on. We need to get outside now." The man said. Nat was been helped by the women but she brushed her off and made her own way outside. Before she left she looked back at me and I nodded my head, telling her to go. 

"Look, I don't want any trouble." The man scoffed and gripped my arm to pull me with them. I retaliated and broke free, running off in the maze of a building. I came upon a window that dropped down onto the streets and jumped. I landed with a roll and kept running.

I saw Sam out on the streets looking for something and I went up to him. Together we left the crowd of confused people on the streets and went to find Cap. We found him in an old warehouse that wasn't too far away.

"Hey Cap!" Sam yelled as Bucky began to wake up. I made sure his metal arm was firmly stuck under some old machinery. I siled smugly as he faintly tried to get it out.

"Steve..." 

"Which Bucky am I talking to?" 

"Your mums name was Sarah. You used to wear newspapers in your shoes." I watched as Bucky laughed slightly at the memory.

"You can't read that in a museum."

"And just like that we're supposed to be cool?" Sam questioned, which made Bucky get more alert and even a bit frustrated. 

"What did I do?" I looked down slightly, knowing the feeling of what he's going through. 

"Enough." I mutter so he could hear.

"Oh god I know this would happen. Everything HYDRA put inside me is still there. All he had to do was say the words." Bucky sighed. What are these words? Like trigger words?

"Who was he?" Cap asked.

 "I don't know."

"People are dead. The bombing, the set up, the doctor. And all of that just for ten minuets with you. I need you to do better than I don't know." Cap pushed it, trying to get answers.

"He wanted to know about Siberia. Where I was kept. He wanted to know exactly where." Oh no, this seems bad.

"Why would he need to know that?" I ask, worried if my instinct is right.

"Because I'm not the only Winter Soldier." Yep I was right. You know sometimes I hate always being right. 

"Who are they?" 

"The most elite death squad, more kills than anyone in HYDRA history and that was before the serum." Jesus, this is bad.

"They all turn out like you?" Sam piped in from the side. 

"Worse." Oh how lovely.

"The doctor, could he control them?" Cap asked his old friend. 

"Enough."

"He said he wanted to see an empire fall." I stated, putting in the facts we know.

"With these guys he could do it. They know thirty languages. They can hide in plain sight. Infiltrate, assassinate. They can take a whole country down in one night and you will never see them coming." I snigger slightly.

"So dramatic." I mumble and Sam gives me a look to tell me to just stop. 

"This would of been a lot easier a week ago." Sam stated. 

"If we call Tony..." Caps suggestion was shut down quickly by Sam.

"No he won't believe us."

"Even if he did..."

"Who knows if the accords will even let him help." I put in. 

"We are on own." Cap said, deflated almost.

"Maybe not, I know a guy." Is Sam cheating on us with other friends? How dare he. I am offended! There is no way in hell he is aloud other super friends, or friends in general other than us! 

You are weird. Why did I have to get stuck inside of your head?

Yes why did you get stuck in my head? Oh wait yes the death and the massacres of the people in Beacon Hills is a valid reason why we tried to kill you.