Chapter 39 - Good Old Times

I walked into the very familiar vets. I feel like I spent most of my teenager life in here. I wonder into the back room and see Scott sorting through some drawers. He looked up at me and smiled.

"Hey man, thanks for coming." He pulled me into a hug and I smiled.

"Yeah it's no problem. I could probably use the distraction anyway. You know with the whole fugitive thing." I joked and picked up a pen from the side, waving it around in the air.

"Yeah how did you get here? Did you drive?" Scott asks.

"Yeah, couldn't risk taking a plane. Just back roads and a change of cars every few hours." I saw the slightly disappointed look Scott was giving me but I laughed. "What? We aren't all true alphas."

"Yeah well you are meant to be a superhero. You know an avenger?" He said laughing.

"Well technically criminal now." I say, pointing the pen at him. I then remember my surprise. "Oh, I got someone else to come to."

"Who?"

"Me." We both looked round to see Derek standing at the doorway, smirking. They greeted each other before I turned to Scott.

"As nice as all this nostalgia is, we came here for a reason.. What was it? Rapid omegas?" I say breaking up the friendly chat.

"Yeah, there was another last night. That makes a total of six in the last week. I think there is another alpha somewhere, biting people." Scott theories. 

"But why bite someone and not have them in your pack? That makes no sense." I say, biting my nails as I try to think.

"What if it's not an alpha. We have seen werewolves become one through science before." I give Derek a disappointed look.

"We have six omegas running round killing people and all you can think of is more dread doctors? That idea is a recycled one, and to be honest I love it. Dread doctors round two, coming up!" I say twirling the pen I still have around in my hand. Derek just shook his head at me.

That's not the right theory. Keep trying.

Wait what. Void do you know something?

Maybe, maybe not.

Tell me now! 

No, we are in Beacon Hills. I have the most control over you here. Or have you not worked that out yet?

Huh? Void has more control over me the closer to Beacon Hills I am? That actually makes sense.

"Right guys, I'm pretty sure it's not dread doctors again. There has been no mercury and no sign of them. I think it's just an insane alpha." Scott says, breaking my thoughts.

"Aw damn. I should have brought Peter. Then we could have an insane alpha club. Maybe we should bring Deucalion in on this too." I laugh to myself while Derek and Scott actually come up with a plan.

"Okay so if Scott and I go into the woods and try and track the next one down, we could have you Stiles lay a trap out for it. We would just have to lead them right to it." Derek said.

"Right, and then we find out who turned them."

"Exactly." I sigh and nod in approval.

"I like it." I then grab both of their shoulders, me being in the middle of them. Derek looked unamused by this, but I don't care. "Just like the good old times, when all we had to worry about was werewolves."

"Get your hand off me before I rip it off your body." I laugh smugly at Derek.

"Oh, your threats don't work on me now. I'm the big bad Trickster." I see Derek reach up to my hand, that was still on his shoulder and immediately take my hand away from him. "Ah, god. How are you still scary?" I hear Scott laughing and I glare at him.

I was now in the woods, with the trap being a pit, that I made Scott and Derek dig, and a raw piece of meat. The trap was covered, but if you walked on it you fell. Scott thought it would be funny to test it out on me, when I didn't know. It's a good job I heal fast now, that's for sure. 

The other two were off trying to find the omega, and if either of them howled, it signaled to me that they found one. I have been waiting out here for about an hour now and I am so bored. Why did I agree to this? 

Suddenly I hear a howl in the distance, they found an omega. I get out the raw meat and waft it around a bit. Hopefully it will work, and I put the meat down. I then hear footsteps coming up fast behind me. I turn around at just the right second and slam the body into the trap, and the omega fell into the pit. Scott and Derek then showed up.

"Where were you two huh? Slacking, I tell you. Slacking." They both roll their eyes and look down at the werewolf. She was a girl of about fithteen, with long brown hair and golden glowing eyes. She was trying to crawl out of the pit, but made no success. 

"Hey, it's okay. We don't want to hurt you." I tried but only received a growl so Scott stepped up.

"Okay, let me try. Hi, I'm Scott. I know you feel out of control, like you don't belong in your own body but you are going to have to accept it. The moment you can do that, is the moment you can have control." The girl seemed to calm down a little bit and I signalled for him to keep going. "Think of something or someone you love. Think of them, and how they make you feel. Hold onto that feeling, because that is your anchor to your humanity." 

"Jesus, you should write a book or something." I mutter to myself, but I heard Derek snigger a bit. I noticed the girl was now human. We helped her up out of the pit.

"What's your name?" I ask.

"Carrie White. I don't understand...How?" 

"It's all a long story, but you, and I, and him over there, are werewolves." Scott said, trying to explain everything to her.

"What's are you?" Carrie asks me.

"You know that's a good question. I have a fox-" 

"He's his own character in a story for another time." I glared at Derek for cutting me off. He gave me a smirk in return. 

"Come one, let's go to my house. We can talk more there. I will explain everything to you okay?" Scott said and Carrie nodded. As they walked away Derek turned to me.

"You know leather used to be my thing. I guess it's yours too now." He says, signally to my leather jacket.

"Yeah well, I'm a superhero. I get to wear whatever I want."

"I thought you said you were a criminal?" We both laugh and run after Scott and Carrie. I do miss my home.