Chapter 45 - Truce

"What the hell happened to this planet? It's 8 degrees of it's axis. Gravitational pull is all over the place." Quill wondered doing a scan of the deserted planet. I saw the girl, who is called Mantis, jumping up and down. Peter and I gave each other a look as we saw that the gravity was a mess.

"Yeah we have one advantage, he's coming to us. Okay we'll use it. Alright I have a plan." I roll my eyes as Tony comes towards us, forming a group.

"Does it include murder bots this time." I mutter and thankfully no hears me. 

"Or at least the beginnings of one. It's pretty simple, we draw him in, put him down, get what we need. Defiantly don't want to dance with this guy, we just want the gauntlet." I hear Drax, the multicoloured guy, yawn and honestly this is the greatest moment of my life. "Are you yawning? In the middle of this while I'm breaking it down, huh? Did you hear what I said?"

"I stopped listening after you said we need a plan." I silently chuckled and Peter gave me a little nudge, making it that much harder for me not to burst out laughing.

"Okay Mr Queen is on his own page."

"See not winging it really isn't what they do." Quill explained.

"Uh, what exactly is it that they do?" Peter pipes up.

"Kick names, take ass." Mantis replied confidently. 

"Oh this is the greatest day of my life." I said laughing, Tony gives me a glare and I decide to listen for once. "Fine, right serious, Thanos is coming. Guys, get over here." I say and Mantis and Drax come over. 

"We gotta co-alliance, cause if all we come at him is a plucky attitude-"

"Dude, don't call us plucky, we don't know what it means." Oh god, we may not really stand a chance at all. "Alright, we're optimistic yes, I like your plan expect it sucks. So let me plan and that way it might be really good."

"Tell him about the dance off to save the universe." Drax says. They did a dance off for the universe? What?

You all don't stand a chance. Let me help. 

I tune out of their conversation and step away, listening to Void.

"Why do you even want to help?" I mutter quietly.

Because Thanos is the only person with the chance to snap us away. I don't feel like leaving right now. 

"I thought you were all for it, you know the pain and chaos."

I have thought it through and decided to help you. Don't question it. But if you really want to stand a chance against Thanos, let me in further. Show them who we really are.

"No, last time I lost control. Stick to reflections." 

You need me. We are stronger together. Why do you think I picked you?

"Excuse me, but does you friend, often do that?" Mantis snapped me out of my chat with Void and I looked over at what they were looking at. It was Strange and he was using the time stone to do something. 

"Strange? You alright?"  His head kept twitching for side to side and he finally fell down to the ground. "Your back, your alright."

"Hey what was that?"

"I went forward in time. To view alternate futures. To see all of the possible outcomes of the coming conflict." He said slightly out of breath.

"How many did you see?" 

"14 000 605." Jesus.

"How many do we win?"

"One." I take a deep breath and look to the side. Maybe void is right, I need to embrace my full powers to win this. I run my hands through my hair and walk off, away from the others. I lean against an old bit of building. I see Tony come up to me.

"What happened before? When you walked off? Where you talking to him?" I nodded slowly. "What does he say?" I saw the others come up to me too, I sigh.

"It's nothing good. We apparently don't stand a chance." The guardians looked at me confused but Peter, Tony look worried, Strange just gives me a nod. "Unless I do something."

"What? And who is this him?" Quill asks me.

"I have a supernatural trickster spirt inside of me. It's like a voice in my head most of the time but I draw power from him." I quickly explain. Tony comes closer to me sighing.

"Look I know we haven't exactly been on the same page recently but, we need to work together. Truce?" I nod and shake his hand. "Now what do you need to do?"

"He wants me to let him out, temporarily of course. But the last time I did that was when I was on the run. I killed ten people." I say looking down ashamed. I then look up and give a tight smile. "This time it'll be better I promise. Don't worry about it." 

Everyone disperses into their own groups talking. For some reason Peter doesn't leave.

"Why do you do that?" I give him a confused look and he elaborates. "Pretend that everything is fine. I mean." I give him a little shrug.

"I don't age and I come back from the dead. There are worst things to do." I say giving him a small pat on the shoulder.