addressing something serious.

I have update the introduction part with a new a/n (it isn't as near as thorough as this, but is related) , but, i just wanted my readers who are past the introduction (who have not seen the new a/n) to know something;

THIS STORY WILL NOT BE INCLUDING NONCONSENSUAL SEX SCENES.

a very upset reader came to me personally because they mistook a scene in the introduction as a nonconsensual sex scene (which all of you who are reading this will know that was not the case, despite how it looked at first glance) and was very upset and angry at me because of it.

I would just like to say, that, yes, if you couldn't already tell, this story does have dark topics, and yes, abuse is one of them, though, not of the sexual kind. But, this leads me to something else;

this reader was very upset at me for having not put a warning before the scene, and well, that is because it wasn't what the reader thought it was.. but, even so, I want everyone to understand, that I said it before, and I will say it again- i will not be including anything overly graphic without a detailed warning beforehand.

the reader expressed to me that they were too scared to read on past a specific point (hence the reason they didn't see that it wasn't actually rape scene.) and it opened my eyes to something; I do not want any of you to be scared to read on, in fear of there being a triggering scene (without warning) waiting around the corner. I cannot stress enough that I do not want any of you to have to worry about reliving something terrible that may have happened to you, because of something that I wrote. it really fucking saddens me and I feel like a horrible person that I made someone, and possibly more, scared to read on because of the way i worded things. I am trying to be extra careful with the way I handle this, but I am a human and I make mistakes. and I am truly so sorry if I offend anyone, or if I make, or have made, anyone upset with my story. I am not just writing this story because I think it's fun to write characters with loads of issues, I am writing this story, with multiple characters that each have their own personal issues, in hopes of shedding light on the seriousness of them (despite the goofy parts here and there) and how the characters learn to deal with them.

the person said something to me (don't worry, them and I worked things out, and I completely understand where they are coming from, so no hard feelings towards them. but I want to bring this up.) along the lines of "I know you were not raped because you added it to your story", and even though I didn't - and was never planning to - I just want to say in case anyone may think the same way, that, no, I have not been raped. but, that does NOT mean that I am desensitized to anyone who has been. I have empathy and heart, and my heart goes out to anyone who has unfortunately had to live through something as traumatic as that. and this also goes for everything that is in my story.

just because I may be writing something that hasn't personally happened to me, doesn't make whatever it is I am writing about any less important or serious to me. Everyone has their personal struggles that they're dealing with, whether that be physically, or emotionally- and none are lesser than the other to me. and i will always try my hardest to portray any of the issues that I have chosen for this particular story in a respectful , and careful way.( but please know that I am more of a romance/comedy writer, and I tend to have a hard time writing more serious scenes and topics.)

I took this story on because, not only am I challenging myself by writing something I am not entirely comfortable with, I knew it would give me a reason to look into things - things that have always interested me - and help me understand them better. but... I'd be a fool to claim that I knew everything about the disorders I've chosen my characters to deal with, and I would be a fool to claim that I know exactly how to portray them with it, and whatever it is that is happening to them. so please, understand that this story is written out of good intention, and is not meant to sadden or upset any of you personally. and please understand that I am not purposely trying to make anything seem less serious than it is. I ♡ you guys, and please know that I respect you all and only wish you the best forever and always.