【10】

a/n: if you are wondering why I published this chapter for a second time, it is because an amazing illustrator has agreed to collaborate with me, and draw specific scenes from my chapters! She just got finished with two pieces of art that she painted for some select scenes in this chapter 10, so if you have already read this chapter, just skim past everything until you find them, because they're 100% they're worth a look! I'll be posting an a/n in a few minutes going into greater detail about who this illustrator is, as well as some tags, so make sure and check it out!

𝔇𝔞𝔱𝔢 𝔭𝔲𝔟𝔩𝔦𝔰𝔥𝔢𝔡: July 15, 2019
𝔚𝔬𝔯𝔡 𝔠𝔬𝔲𝔫𝔱: 8377

࿇ ═━━✥◈✥━━═ ࿇
𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 𝐓 𝐄 𝐍
࿇ ═━━✥◈✥━━═ ࿇

ORPHANAGE

Clasping their hands properly behind their backs, twelve children wait patiently as Jungkook hands out goodie bags down the line of them. "Here's one for you...and one for you. . ." He says, all the way until he reaches the last child.

After each of the children receive their goodie bags, they all say, "Thank you Jungkoook~!" in unison before excitedly taking a peek inside of them. Their eyes light up in excitement upon seeing all the variety of candies that the bag is stuffed with.

Seeing all the children's happy faces, Jungkook smiles and says "Aww, you're welcome guys," while patting two of the childrens' heads.

After double checking to make sure everyone received a bag, Jungkook shoves the now-empty sack back into his backpack, then tosses the strap over his shoulder. He points at the children in front of him. "All I ask is that you make sure you don't spoil your appetites before eating any of Ms. Jia's lovely food, okay?" He says with a raised eyebrow.

"We wooon't!"

"I know you won't. You're good kids." Jungkook says, lowering his finger. "Now...why don't you all go and lend Minnie a hand? It looks like she could really use your help picking out a story." He says and points over in Minnie's direction, who is on her hands and knees in front of a bookshelf- busy tossing books over her shoulder.

The children nod obediently, and with their goody bags held tightly in their little hands, begin hurrying over towards the busy teen- dodging the flying books along their way.

Jungkook looks away from the children after hearing a gentle chuckle next to him, spotting Jia, the orpahange's matron, observing from just a few feet away. "I have always suspected you were an angel, but...now I know for sure." she says. "Thank you so much for doing this, Jungkook. Is there anything I can do to repay you?"

"Oh, no, no! No need to thank me, or repay me, ma'am. It was nothing at all, really." Jungkook says with a smile on his face, shaking his head.

"You're such a doll...this means the world, truly. You have no idea how much this has helped me.." Jia looks over at the children, who are mimicking Minnie by shoving books over their shoulders as well. "I woke up with this dreadful feeling of guilt this morning...I just knew I wasn't going to be able to take them out trick-or-treating tonight, and it was just eating at me all week long. But...I knew there was absolutely no way I could afford costumes for all of them, and I just simply do not have the time..." She frowns, but then redirects her gaze back onto Jungkook. "This happens every year...they see other children celebrating holidays, and I just know they feel left out...but, because of your act of kindness, I feel at ease now, and I just know the children do too. And I am sincerely grateful to you because of it." She says and reaches out for Jungkook's hands, gently taking them in hers.