【15】

I've been meaning to do this for a long time, but I want to dedicated this story to my good friend unprofessionalarmy . she's so sweet and I love how excited she gets every time I post - even after i take an eternity to update. Thanks for always being so supportive! ILY 🖤

𝔭𝔲𝔟𝔩𝔦𝔰𝔥𝔢𝔡 𝔡𝔞𝔱𝔢: 2/4/20
𝔴𝔬𝔯𝔡 𝔠𝔬𝔲𝔫𝔱: 4166

࿇ ═━━✥◈✥━━═ ࿇
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
࿇ ═━━✥◈✥━━═ ࿇

"Jungkook, is something the matter? You look like you've just seen a ghost." Mr. Choi says, standing up at the front of the class.

"Huh, what...oh, um...no, nothing's wrong." Jungkook says quietly, quickly shoving the piece of paper back into his pocket. He sits up properly.

"Are you sure? Because you can step out for a moment, if you would like."

"No, I'm fine." Jungkook says, his gaze falling back down onto his textbook that was laying opened to the wrong page on his desk.

"Ok, if you insist.." Mr. Choi says then turns back around to face the board. "Now, where was I....oh yes.."

As Mr. Choi continues his lecture, Jungkook's mind was elsewhere, replaying the words of the letter over and over again in his mind.
It's not that the content of the letter itself was particularly scary, but the fact that someone, someone he didn't know, was having dreams of him really creeped him out.

It could have been anyone, but he couldn't help but peek up at Mr. Choi every now and then with suspicious eyes....especially after the strange way he was acting this morning. And not only that, but it started to remind him of a particular someone - someone he had tried so hard to forget about over the past year and a half...it gave him the creeps, to put it lightly, and he didn't want to think about it any longer than he had to.

Did you dream about me last night? His ex, Taeyong's, words still etched into his brain.

Lunch rolls around and Jungkook's mind was still in the clouds. He stands up from his desk when the bell rings and he slowly closes his text book. He shakes his head, trying to declutter his mind; he knows he shouldn't obsess over something as this simple letter. For all he knew, it could have been prank. But something kept poking at him and poking at him - and a little voice in his head kept telling him that there was something was off. It was a very similar feeling that he felt when he had been around Taehyung.

"Looks like your color has come back." Jungkook hears, prompting him to turn around.

"Oh, y-yeah." Jungkook chuckles nervously as he touches his cheek.

"Are you sure you're feeling well, Jungkook? You seem jittery." Mr. Choi goes to reach up to touch Jungkook's forehead, but Jungkook raises his hand up to fix his bangs, purposely blocking Mr. Choi's oncoming hand.

"Yes..! I'm fine. Just fine." Jungkook says, his voice high in pitch due to his nervousness.

Getting the message, Mr. Choi pulls his hand away and he puts it into his pocket. "Well.." Mr. Choi clears his throat. "That's good. I'm glad to hear." His gaze falls down to Jungkook's pocket after seeing something that caught his eye. "What do you have there?" He asks.

Jungkook looks down to see what he was looking at, and he quickly shoves the piece of paper - that was sticking out - further into his pocket and he hastily zips it shut. "Oh, um, that's just a shopping list. I uh..." His eyes dart from left to right. "I'm hungry. Bye." He says abruptly, quickly side stepping out from in front of Mr. Choi and hurrying out the classroom door that was just a few feet away.