【17】

The two boys walk down the side-walk with their arms intertwined with one another. It is raining out, but Jungkook doesn't mind it. Taehyung seems pretty concerned about the younger, since he has been showing signs that he's caught a cold, but the rain has always made Jungkook feel at ease, though he is not entirely sure why that is. Maybe it's because everything seems quieter...calmer when it rains, he thinks. Not much in his life is calm, and so the rain is welcomed in his eyes.

"S-So...why did y-you s-s-s-start c-coming to th-these s-sessions in th-the first p-place?" Taehyung asks. The puddles are splashing under the two's footsteps as they walk side by side.

"Hmm...that's a good question." Jungkook says, wiping a few raindrops away that plop gently on his face. "I guess I came for the same reason everyone else probably did - I felt like it was my only option."

"Hav-v-ve you b-been s-s-sad about s-something lat-t-tely?" Taehyung asks, and Jungkook lets out a small sigh before responding.

"I think everyone is sad about something right now, but yes, I have been. To be honest with you, I...feel a little guilty. There are a lot of people right now that have it way worse, and here I am, feeling sorry for myself. I actually feel like I don't deserve go to these sessions, like maybe I would be taking up a spot that could go to someone else that was worthier. Maybe I'm just overthinking it, though." Jungkook's head slumps down a bit and he stares down at the sidewalk as they grow closer to their destination.

"I d-d-don't know why you're s-s-sad, but....you d-d-deserve help j-j-just as m-much as everyone else d-does." Taehyung says reassuringly. Jungkook can feel his arm squeeze tighter around his arm ever so slightly - his words do make him feel a little bit better.

"You really think so?" Jungkook asks him, looking over at Taehyung and he nods. "That's really nice of you to say, thank you. Anyways, enough about me...why did you choose to start going?" Jungkook asks, curiously.

"S-s-sad like you, I g-g-guess...I d-dunno.." Taehyung says, and Jungkook can hear how unsure he is in his voice.

"How long have you been going?" Jungkook asks.

"I d-d-don't really k-know. It f-feels like I've b-b-been g-g-going there f-for awhile now, b-b-but....I d-don't really even k-know the others th-that go. You're th-the only one I t-t-talk to."

"Do you like it?" Jungkook asks.

"I l-like t-t-talking to you a lot, yeah.." Taehyung says, and Jungkook can't help but giggle at his answer, thinking it was awfully sweet.

"No, not that, silly." Jungkook says. "I mean, do you like going there?"

"Oh.....um...I g-g-guess....yeah, I d-do...because if I had-d-dn't, I would-dn't have m-m-met you.."

"I'm happy I met you too, Taehyung." Jungkook says, squeezing the older's arm back tightly. "Thanks for coming with me tonight, I feel a lot safer with you for some reason."

"Y-You're welc-c-come. If you e-e-ever n-need me t-t-to go with you, anywhere at-t-t all, I will.."

"I'll certainly keep that in mind." Jungkook says and the two continue on their way in silence, listening as the rain gently falls around them.

. . . . .

The two of them walk inside the building, and they are immediately greeted by Jiyoo, who is sitting on a chair with her legs crossed over the other. "Hello, boys! Good to see you made it!" She says, and the same 4 boys from before had all turned their heads to look at them. They have a smile on their face as they look at Jungkook, and they all start to wave, but as soon as their attention switches over to Taehyung, their demeanor changes - almost as if they were questioning what they were seeing.