Prologue

Shadows sprung up with nothing reflecting them, black smoke rising them in the unicorn's path. He froze, eyes widening, trying to think of a plan. Teleportation? He nodded to his own thoughts, teleporting just before the thick smoke could wrap around him. He was running out of time- despite everypony who was making distractions behind him. 

He hissed in pain as he landed, the injuries he'd obtained so far gathering blood on his legs and side. 
'Don't stop now'  he told himself, tiredly. 'This needs to be done. This is important.' Right. 'Important'. That wasn't an understatement at all. If he didn't close the portal from the outside then he would get through- it could be reopened from this side. He shook off the thought that he'd be trapped in another dimension he knew virtually nothing about. All he knew was chances where he wouldn't have magic- that's all Princess Twilight had time to tell him when the attack began.

He reached the mirror they told him to use and put his hoof through it, the 'glass' rippling.  He withdrew it and concentrated, his horn glowing with a purpley silver spell. The technique was to cast the spell as he entered the portal so the spell would come through at the other side of the portal, rather than this.

The shadows parted and a grey unicorn, wearing armor and a red cloak was before him, his mane more like smoke than anything else. His horn was red- more like a jagged piece of rock- his irises green, the 'white' of his eyes green and a purple glow trailing out. Sombra's glowed as he did a spell which forced the unicorn through the portal, the spell shooting agony through him. He forced himself to concentrate on the spell then was a flash of light and he landed on hard concrete.  There was a moment of confusion and pain, then the sound of worried voices followed by...

Nothing.

Sooo this is a sequel to @TonyGarcia348 story 'The Sunset Redemption' which was a sequel to my story 'A Sunset's Last Sunset'. Wereas you could read this as a stand-alone book I would recommend reading the others- including the prequel 'Sunset's Long Lost Brother', again by TonyGarcia348 as this will contain spoilers and will make some elements more clear :) . Also his stories are 20% cooler than most things I've read (I would have said a higher pecentage but I wanted a mlp reference) Anyway! Enjoy everypony!