Letter

Raph
"Why?" Sunset asks and I have to agree with her. Why would Twilight and Garrett want the portal closed?

"It's...complicated," Dusk says, quietly, looking thoughtful. "Oh! There was a letter I was supposed to give you to explain," he adds, addressing Sunset, who looks curious. "It's in my satchel..
Wherever that is."
"Here," Rariy says, handing it too him, smiling. "You know- if you want- I could add some desi-" I roll my eyes.
"Rarity! This is not the time for fashion!" AJ cuts in and I can't help but to agree. Dusk reaches into his bag and pulls out a letter, passing it to her.

She opens it and begins to read- I look over her shoulder as she scans her eyes over it.

Sunset,
I'm sorry I didn't tell you this in person or at least through the book but there was no time- I had to be on this side of the portal and I didn't know if the book connection would be there after the portal was closed. We - Garrett and I- have sent Dusk to close the portal and, on the slim chance that the threat does get through- he will be of some help.

Now the threat- I am not sure of how much you know about the crystal empire and, more specifically Sombra, but, in short, he found a way to get to your world with full powers. If he did that he would have the ability to take over- with no way of stopping him. By sending Dusk to close it that hopefully won't happen but, if it does, you girls with have an advantage- your powers will be closer to your pony counterparts. Dusk knows Sombra- he may be able to help you win.

Try messaging me through the book- we all hope it works.

Your friend, Twilight Sparkle

That...sounds bad. Shell that is most likely the biggest understatement of the millennia.
"OK. Whose Sombra? Well, there at least. Here he was a former school bully..." I ask Dusk.
"Long story short he's the former king of the Crystal Empire and he enslaved the whole kingdom. He had...still does... shadow powers which made him even more formidable. Celestia and Luna went to stop him centuries ago but it turned out he'd put a curse on it which made it disappear." he explains. "But recently the Crystal Empire came back. They thought they stopped him but clearly not..." his voice trails off as he yawns, rubbing his eyes sleepily.

"Um...maybe we should hold off on the questions and let him sleep?" Fluttershy suggests. I nod in agreement- Twilight did say that he needs sleep.
"K. We'll continue talking when he wakes up," Sunset says, irritably, storming out the room. I follow.

"You OK?" I ask, sitting by her.
"Not really..." she replies, "what if we can never speak to them again? I finally got Garrett back...I don't want to loose him again!" Tears start to run down her cheeks - I wrap my arms around her.
"It'll be ok," I say. " They'll find a way to sort it." She gives me a tired look.
"If it closed from this side it can only be opened from this side," she replies. "And Sombra didn't get through so I will never see him again" I'm silent, not knowing what to say.

All the lights go out.