Encounter

Dusk
Blood. Too much blood. The smell  of it clings inside my nose, making me feel nauseous. Everything hurts, my joints...the injuries... there's too much. The sound of bodies crashing to the ground and the sight of the glazed over eyes burn into my mind. They may not have cared about me but the death, the pain, there's too much. A voice asks if I'm Ok but my reactions have numbed to the point that I can't react. The feel of blades and cold cruel laughs refuse to leave, even now when ponies say I'm safe. I'm never going to believe that again.

I'm in the human world, reading a book, when I sense someone behind me. I'm about to turn when a hand covers my mouth and nose, cutting off my breathing. I struggle for air but it's getting harder and harder, my lungs struggling...

I sit bolt upright, trying to calm down. Just a dream. They're dead. They can't do anything. I force my breathing to relax, swinging my legs out of bed. I walk over to the windowsill seat and sit, watching the sun rise, wrapping my arms around my knees.

I've been here just over a week- yesterday we went shopping as I only had one outfit and it was in a pretty bad condition. I decide to get changed to take my mind off 'home'...wherever that is, if only for a moment. I decide to wear black jeans with a black tshirt with silver wing patterns on the back. I add silver, fingerless gloves, noting that the scars from when I was younger are more clear in human form which is hardly something I want people to know about.

There's a knock on the door.
"Hmm?" I say, trying to figure out how I tied my fingers in my shoelaces and how to undo it.
"You're up early," Raph comments, walking in.
"So are you," I counter. "Did I wake you up?"
"No. I just have nightmares-well bad memories sometimes," he replies. Relatable. "Did you get your fingers stuck?"
"...Yes," I admit, trying not to be embarassed at how ridiculously stupid I can be. He looks rather amused which does not make me feel any better.
"To be fair a week ago you were using magic- not hands," he points out. Ok. That helps.

He helps undo it.
"Oh. The girls said we're all going bowling today," he says. Great. I'm terrible at bowling. Oh well- at least I'm being involved in something which is quite different from Equestria.

                    -------------------

"Is something wrong?" Sunset asks me. We're all outside and I can't shake the feeling that something is...wrong.
"I feel like we're being watched" I reply, "I'm probably just being paranoid."
"I think your right," Raph says. "I thought I was just imagining it..."

There's a sort of 'whooshing' sound- an energy blast whizzes by, missing me by a hair.
"Whoever is there come out!" Raph snaps. "Attacking from the shadows is hella wimpy." From the shadows....shit.

Sombra.

He appears in front of us, part shadow part solid. Well he seems to have adapted well to here and still has his magic. Lucky. Also...evil but still, lucky.
"How did you get through?" I ask; crossing my arms.
"Easy. The blast that forced you through the portal was a distraction so you wouldn't notice- once through it was easy." he says, coldly. "If they wanted to stop me they should have chosen someone less useless."

Well. At least he's right...
"Now I know Princess Twilight wanted you to stop me. But, if you try, you will loose everything you care about." he threatens before dissappearing.