Falling

Dusk
I can do this.

I breathe in and out, deliberately calm, shivering in the night air. I hold a small ball of purple energy, ready to be attacked at any moment...or be the attacker. My head hurts, thoughts battering inside. Raph claimed they actually care- not at all likely. The one person who ever did was Mum and she hardly stuck around...ok that's probably a bit harsh.

"This is certainly new," Sombra muses, appearing in front of me, smirking. "Dusk. You never were a killer, do you really think that's changed?"
"Maybe," I snap. I make the energy ball grow in my palm. "I hardly have anything to loose." With that I hurtle at the energy at him- which knocks him off balance. His eyes narrow, a hateful expression on his face, beginning his own attack.

                  --------------------------

I'm exhausted but I seem to be holding my own: he is stronger than me, yes, but I'm faster. In short though, if I don't do something soon, I'm screwed. I'm struggling to breathe- I think when one of the attacks hit me into a wall I broke a rib or at least cracked it.

We both do the shoot a blast at each other at the same time and they collide- purple/silver meeting the blacky energy. Whoever the duo blasts hit is going to loose the fight, that much is obvious.

The blast is nearing Sombra when my concious kicks in. Sombra was right...I'm not a killer. I hesitate, my blast weakening slightly.

The blast hits me, knocking me back at least ten metres into a wall. My vision blurs and I crumple to the floor, the energy blast still burning into me. I'm too exhausted, too uncaring to struggle much when he uses another blast which puts me on the edge of the rooftop. When the next blast comes I attempt to defind myself but I'm still knocked off the rooftop, barely holding on by my fingers, dizziness threatening to overpower me.
"I told you, Dusk," Sombra smirks, foot pressing againdt my hands until they release, just holding me up so he can gloat. "You're not a killer." With that he lets me fall.

One thought enters my mind before I hit the ground: I'm going to die.