Finally Explained

Raph
Dusk's eyes open, a tired frown on his face.
"Dusk!!!" Pinkie exclaims, more or less materialising by him and wraps him in a tight hug. Dusk yelps in pain.
"Pinkie! Broken ribs!" Twilight scolds,rolling her eyes at our crazy friend whose hair was beginning to perk up. At Twilight's words it reflattens.
"Sorry..." she murmers, eyes meeting Dusk's.
"It's fine..." he murmurs. "I've had a lot worse."
"Like what just happened with Sombra" I state. "Dusk, what the actual shell were you thinking? And don't go into the whole 'monster' thing again. You are not a monster."
"I was thinking I should do something righr for a change." Dusk mutters.
"What 'bout yer family?" AJ challanges- I look at Dusk and recongise the oained expression. He...doesnt have one.

The other girls reach the same conclusion and there's a long silence- I decide to break it.
"What did Sunny see in your memories which was so awful?" I ask him. He further deflates.
"It's not pleasent..." he murmurs.
"Talking about it can help," I state, quietly. "Trust me on that, Dusk." He sighs then begins.

Dusk
My father was never a...nice....stallion. In fact he was, for lack of better words, evil. He hit me...and my mum...before... but it was never that extreme. Only when he was really drunk... which was quite often. Mum. She...s-she left when I was seven...knowing full well it would make him worse. She just left me with him.

For the first year nothing changed....but he was getting worse. Drinking more.... he hated my mum and hated ne because I 'reminded' him of her. He got more and more violent....as in knives, using magic against me... I got more scared and more broken as time went on- he knew full well and he didn't even care.

When I was fourteen or fifteen I tried to...uh...you know. I woke up in hospital and found out he had killed himself to get outbof jail when the Royal Guard came to arrest him. Everyone treated me like glass and I was entirely alone. People were scared because I have shadow magic and worried they may make me even worse. I was desperate so...I joined Sombra.

I didn't know he was evil...he was the first person to not treat me like a punchbag or glass but...he was just using me for magic.

I left and was alone until Princess Twilight askedif I could close the portal and...well....I had nothing to loose.

I look up, they all loom horrified even though I left out the gory details and the self harm...the terror I always feel...
"Is your da- is he the reason you have so many nightmares?" Pinkie asks. I nod, shoulders slumping, only to find myself engulfed in a group hug.

Maybe saying the truth does help..m