Searching

Raph
I admit it- we screwed up.

He's a hard one to find- even Pinkie's search party came up with nothing: it's been a whole week since he dissappeared and every time we think we may have tracked him down it just leads to a dead end- he definitely doesn't want to be found.

"Do y'all have any ideas?"AJ asks.
"No," Dash admits, tiredly. "Shy, do you?" Fluttershy shakes her head, looking downcast.
"I have one," I say. "It may not work but it's worth a shot. If he is trying to not be found then he's probably expecting a group of us. If I go aftee him alone..."
"Then it may be easier to find him without him running," Sunset finishes. "Still...what if you run into Sombra?"
"I'll be fine," I reply. "I can handle myself." She nods in agreement, smiling lightly. "I'll be careful though."
I kiss her goodbye then head out, making sure I take my two sais with me.

                  ***************

It's been a few days since I headed out and I now know where Dusk is...mainly because I can see him right now, sitting under a tree, rain beating down. I sigh and walk over to him- his eyes narrow and he quickly stands up, arms crossing over his damp shirt. He looks echausted and there are several leaves in his hair.

"Dusk...You have no idea how hard it was to find you!" I state, trying to break the silence. He doesn't answer. "Look, I get that you're annyoyed and we're really sorry. We should have at least heard you out. We just lost our tempers..."
"It's fine," he mutters. "I'm used to it. Besides. I've found a way for me to make up for it."

His eyes darken considerably, yet again falling silent.
"Um...what's that?" I ask, concerned.

"I'm going after Sombra."

What? Please say he's joking...I look at the determined, tired look and know ge isn't.
"Dude. You're acting like me when I was younger. Irrational and hot-headed." I state.
"Irrational?! How is it irrational to want to make up for what you've done?? Is it irrational to want to stop being a monster? No! Even if it does go wrong and I die no one would give a shit!" he snaps, turning to leave. I grab his wrist to stop him. He's not a monster and to think no one would care...

It reminds me of Sunset- and not in the good way.

"Let go!" he says, trying to wiggle free.
"No!" I retort. "Dusk, you can't do this alone!"
"Why not? I am alone and always have been!" he states. "Nothing will change that and at least I would have finally done something right!"

With that he rips his arm free and runs- I try to follow but eventually loose him.