|Happy Times| Ch. 3

So. You never thought you’d find yourself in this situation, sitting on the floor of a pet shop, chatting with two, no pun intended- Itty bitty skeletons. If someone had told yourself nearly a year ago that you would somehow find yourself in such situation, you wouldn’t have believed them one bit.

But here you were. Huh. The power of fanfi-

“ WHAT IS YOUR NAME HUMAN? “

Your gaze suddenly turned back over towards the small, blue clad bitty. For a moment, you just looked at them dumbfounded, forgetting that they asked a question. They stared at you intently. Then you suddenly realized you haven’t answered yet, cursing yourself in your mind.

“ (Y/n)...? “ Was your mumbled response, but it sounded more like a question. You took a mental note that you should stop making yourself look like an idiot. Not that it helped, you were just really bad at conversations.

“ NICE TO MEET YOU HUMAN (Y/N)! I’M BLUE, THE GREATEST OF ALL! “ He shouted happily, pointing a thumb(Phalanges?) towards his chest, smiling widely. Then, he gestured towards the smaller, nervous looking skeleton behind him. They had been silent the whole time, you had almost forgotten they were there.

“ AND THAT’S CHERRY! HE ISN’T AS GREAT AS I, THOUGH! “

Cherry suddenly blinked up at you, as if they had zoned out. They frowned somewhat, pulling their arms to their chest.

“ Quit being so loud and boisterous. You’ll scare them. “ As the little red skeleton spoke, they finally acknowledged your existence, waving shyly.

You let out a quite hum, waving back at Cherry with a small smile. They didn’t seem like one for conversation. At least not on the same level as Blue. You decided that you liked them both, their opposite persona’s balanced each other out.

Awkward silence followed. Not like you could help it, you weren’t great at socializing, and Cherry didn’t seem to be the social type either, so Blue found it in himself to bring life back to the atmosphere.

“ WHAT’RE YOU DOING HERE (Y/N)? USUALLY HUMANS ONLY COME AND VISIT IF SOMETHING'S WRO- OWE! “ Cherry had cut Blue off, standing on his tip-toes and flicking Blue in the back of the skull with a glare.

“ That’s rude. “ Was Cherry’s simple statement, sitting back down closer to you. They seemed somewhat more relaxed.

You purse your lips, thinking of how you should answer the question. What’s wrong, why were you here anyway? You stayed silent for another moment, fiddling with your hands and shrugged. You honestly didn’t know why you went along with your mom’s and therapist’s plan. But you weren’t one for disagreeing with others.

“ Mom brought me here. Thought it’d be a good idea. “ You didn’t want to go into detail as to why, and how exactly you had gone down this path, so you decided to keep the information stowed away until you weren’t being watched by cameras. Simple. Blue didn’t seem satisfied with your answer, but didn’t ask anything further. Probably since Cherry was just watching him with an unnerving expression, daring the blue bean to make things anymore awkward.

“ REALLY? WOWIE, WELL I’M GLAD YOU’RE HERE NOW! IT’S BEEN BORING HERE WITH ONLY THE TWO OF US! “ Blue’s eyes had stars in them, and he had a wide smile. It was adorable. You feel like you’re probably going to have a cuteness overload before the day ends.

“ Err- I agree. You seem nice enough. “ Cherry mumbled slowly, watching you intently.

“ You too… So sweet. “ You didn’t know what else to say, but you at least wanted to compliment their kindness. You never really felt this worry free in a while. It was nice to just relax and talk without having to think of being judged. They didn’t seem to stare at your face’s complexion(And scars) like most people you meet for the first time, so that was a nice change.