|Burning Questions| Ch. 6

" So..." Came your slightly hoarse voice, in a hushed tone.

You were now sat down at the small dining table in the kitchen. The open window above the sink didn't shed any light as it was still dark out, but you had turned the overhead light on so that you could make tea. It was still quite early in the morning, around 4am. Luckily though you were a morning person. You were used to waking up in the ungodly morning hours due to nightmares anyway, so it didn't bug you too much.

Blue was sat on the table in front of you, happily sipping away at his tea from the newly cleaned thimble that you gave him. You were glad he didn't seem bothered by the fact that you were both up so early, or the reason behind it. You were also happy that he hadn't bombarded you with questions, you don't know if you'd be able to answer them this early anyway. It had been about twenty minutes since you had woken up, but your brain was still up in the clouds.

Besides you and Blue, no one else seemed to be awake yet. Cherry was out cold and Blue told you that he slept like a rock, and would be up at around six. Your mother on the other hand... She was a wild card. She could wake up at any hour between seven in the morning, or one in the afternoon. Just depends on her night.

" What... Was the pet shop like? Your old home. " You questioned after a long silence. You didn't realise it, but that question had been in the back of your thoughts for quite a bit. You wanted to know more about your new... Friends? So asking about their original home would probably help a bit.

At the question, Blue gave you a quizzical look. He was silent for a while you were scared you had said something wrong, but he soon spoke up with a smile plastered on his face.

" IT Was Nice! EVERYONE Was Mainly Kind! SOMETIMES. I Liked It There, But Your Home Is Better! " His answer made your heart swell. He was such a darling!

" BUT Since You Asked Me A Question, Can I Ask You Something Too? IT Would Only Be Fair! " On second thought, he was also quite sneaky. It would only be fair to answer one of his questions now. Little ninja.

You simply nodded.

" WHAT'RE THOSE SCARS FROM? YOU Don't Have To Answer Though. "

Well sh- Hmm, you weren't expecting that question, at least not right away that is. You thought that one of the two of them would have been more subtle about it. But here you were anyway. You let out a short, airy laugh.

" Ehh, not too important. Just don't play with fire. " Your response was brief, if not a bit cryptid. Maybe a lot cryptid. Sentence structure doesn't matter at the moment dear reader. Blue seemed to understand what you meant, at least a tad since he didn't pester you further with anything related to the topic. You went to sip your tea.

It was cold. F-

" Mornin' Cherry Berry!~ " You hummed in a singsong voice, glancing over at the sleepy figure in the doorway. It was now around eight in the morning, and you were making breakfast. Eggs to be exact. Blue wanted sunny side up, claiming that it sounded... Kind? Whatever that even meant. Maybe you should stop monologuing, you coul- Ouch. Egg grease just popped on your arm, that hurt.

" You ok? That looked like it hurt. Could leave a blister. "

You flinched. Turning your head, Cherry was right beside you now, sitting on the counter beside the stove. How did he- Not going to question it. It was too early, and you were running on a little less than five hours of sleep.

" Magic. " He said quietly, as if reading your thoughts. Or maybe it was just the huge amount of extreme confusion on your face. You'd never know.

" It's fine, it doesn't hurt too much. '' You muttered, making your way over to the sink and turning it on, running your forearm under the cold water.