|Buy the Whole Store| Ch. 12

“-N)!”

“(Y/N)!”

“(Y/N), WAKE UP!”

Your eyelids slowly drew open at the words basically shouted right into your ear. You groaned, rolling over onto your side with a drowsy wave of your hand.

“(Y/N)! WAKE UP! YOUR MOM WANTS YOU UP FOR BREAKFAST.” Dang. You loved Blue to death, but he was ten levels too loud in the morning.

With a louder than needed sigh, you slowly sat up, sitting indian style as you braced yourself to open up your eyes. “Wha’ s’ time Blue…?” You asked tiredly, rubbing your eyes with a quiet yawn before stretching.

“IT’S APPROXIMATELY 6AM! YOUR MOM WANTS TO GO SHOPPING FOR ‘SCHOOL SUPPLIES’. CHERRY’S HELPING MAKE BREAKFAST!”

You slowly nodded, blinking your eyes open as you set your feet on the cold floor of your room, a shiver traveling up your spine. “Why so early though?… It’s not back to school season, and I think I only need some folders and a new bookbag.” You turned your gaze around until you finally spotted the blue munchkin sitting on your bedside table.

“I DON’T KNOW, SOMETHING ABOUT WORK AT 10AM.” Blue only shrugged, hopping onto your shoulder as you leaned down to him, but he quickly scrambled up onto your head a few seconds later.

“Oh. Well, that means we’ll have almost the whole day to ourselves after shopping! Maybe we can get some things for you two while we’re there?” You questioned, more or so to yourself as Blue hummed happily. You stood in your room idly for a few more seconds, trying to wipe away the haziness in your brain before making your way out, shutting the door with a satisfying click.

As soon as you started your little march down the hall, a sweet scent hit you. It smelled like cinnamon and sweetness. Was that Cinnabons? Blue must have felt your pace speed up, because he let out a loud laugh, peering down into your peripheral vision from atop your head.

“What’re mom and Cherry making?” You asked, even though you were a few feet away from turning towards the kitchen entrance.

“FROM THE LOOKS OF IT, YOU ALREADY KNOW FRIEND! I DON’T THINK I’D HAVE TO TELL YOU.” As he finished his speech, you made a left and practically stormed into the kitchen, eyes flicking around until you locked eyes with your mom.

“Are you baking cinnabons without me. I feel hurt, oh woe is I!” You jokingly gasped in surprise, pulling your hand up to your forehead in mock dramatics. This made your mom laugh as you suddenly felt a small weight on your shoulder.

“Heya there (Y/n)! Me (M/n) were just making breakfast. She has a new favourite child in this house.” You heard Cherry say as he tugged at your hair, trying to situate himself so that it was choking him.

“Oh hush, you don’t count. Aren’t even related, so I’m the favourite. Only biological children count, obviously.” You mused jokingly, reaching your hand up to flick him in the forehead, allowing a snicker to escape as he grumbled.

“OOH, ARE WE PICKING FAVOURITES? I CALL DIBS ON BEING FAVOURITE BITTY.” Blue cut in, causing you to smile with a small sigh.

“Hungryyyy…” You muttered, deciding then and there that if you didn’t get your muddy paws on a cinnabon at that moment, you would perish. You made your way over to the oven where a pan of the sweet rolls sat, hastily grabbing a plate and putting two upon it. You then marched over to the table, marveling the melted icing and golden brown of the sweets, before quickly pulling one of the two into two separate pieces, setting them on the table for Blue and Cherry.