|Settling In| Ch. 4

" Welcome home dearies! Our home isn't much, but it's quaint and cozy! " Came your mom's voice in a sing-song tone as you stepped through the front door. The drive back had been around an hour long, since you lived just outside of the city limits. Your mom had to wake you up when she parked since you had dozed off. When you did manage to wake up, you found that Cherry and Blue had also fallen asleep, snuggled up against your leg beside you. It made your heart melt.

Now though, they were both trailing ever so slightly behind you as you made it into the home, your feet almost tripping over them. Your house was a small, old, white trailer. It had recently been added onto a year or so prior, before you and your mom moved in, so now you had an extra empty room. But you mainly used it for when you were studying, drawing, or anything else. You just dubbed it 'The Room With No Meaning'. What an original name, yah?

Besides the house itself, you also had around six acres worth of a backyard behind it, though most of it was just a field of dandelions and weeds. But you HAD managed to clear your own path to a small clearing in its center a few months back, it was basically your safe space- besides your room.

" THIS IS SO COOL! " Blue squealed while Cherry nodded as they looked around the room that the group had entered into from the front door. A few pictures hung on the wall, an old couch in the corner, a dark green rug, coffee table, and an old tv. Not much, but it was decent. Now that you think about it, it must be big for a Bitty.

Mental note, ask mom to remove any and all mouse traps...

" Well gee, that's a relief! Hey, (Y/n). How bout'cha take your little 'Borrowers' and head to your room. You could give em' a tour while on your way there too. I'm going to start making dinner, sound good hun? " Your mom's smile was still plastered on her face as she spoke, which made you happy. She wasn't usually this animate at home. She was either too tired to put on this big a smile, or well- sleeping. Didn't bother you either way though. You couldn't really blame her, she worked too much.

You nodded, filing away your thoughts for a later date and turned to the two amazed toddler like anomalies. After a moment of letting them gawk at the surrounding scenery, you gestured for them to follow you, which they happily did so. Once they bounded over to you, you waved to your mom as she slipped into the kitchen and you started down the hall. The hallway had four doors, two on each side. The walls were a cream colour, and nothing of sentimental value was hung, which left them bare. When you walked up to the first set of doors, you turned to the one on the left and creaked it open, showing a standard, bland bathroom.

" Ok. Important house rules. Don't eat anything in here. Not even a lick of the honey-scented body wash. Smells are very deceiving, and don't taste good.- N-not that i've actually... Y'know, tried to eat it. Heh- " You mumbled, awkwardly rubbing your hand on the back of your neck before continuing.

" Do not fall into the toilet. You don't want to be flushed on accident like Charles the hamster. "

My poor baby Charles, I'll miss you. Sob.

The two of them only stared at you with slight confusion, leading you to turn towards the first door on the right. You didn't open it though, only pointing to it.

" And this is my mom's room. Don't go in there. It's kinda messy, you'd probably get lost and be in there for days. "
After speaking, you then started to walk further down the hall, hearing Cherry whispering to Blue and snickering.

" Last door on the right is an extra room, kinda bare, it's used for whatever.- And this room here is mine. "
You gestured to the room on the right, and then quickly turned to the door on the left. Turning the knob, it opened with a creak to reveal a small, simple decorated bedroom. A twin sized bed sat in the corner, old floral pattern comforters laid neatly on the mattress. Two plush pillows were also stacked on the bed, wrapped in pillow cases with the same floral pattern as the comforter.