|Boop!| Ch. 10

“NO. HOW COULD YOU BEAT ME, THE AMAZING BLUE??”

You were currently playing Candy Land, one of your older board games, but definitely still fun. It had been two or so days since trying to teach the two Bittys in your care to read and write, and you could still say that it was going absolutely nowhere fast. So you just resorted to fun and games, get to know em’ more.

“Gotta step up your game if you wanna beat me! I'm a champ at these types of games, hah.” Was your boisterous response, giving the blue Bitty a toothy smile, stretching out on the floor.

“Mhhm, don't be a sore loser Blue.” Cherry murmured, picking up a few game pieces.

“I'M ANYTHING BUT A SORE LOSER. YOU'RE ONE TO TALK, YOU GOT MAD WHEN YOU DIDN'T WIN THE LAST BOARD GAME.”

“Only because I got out within ten minutes! That stupid game went on for like, two hours because neither of you two wanted to call bankrupt.” Cherry tutted, flicking Blue in the forehead as he passed.

“Well, duh. I didn't want to lose to a pint sized Skeletor. But sadly, such is fate. Oh woe is I.” You giggled dramatically, pressing your hand to your head as you stood up.

“Aw, cut the dramatics, n-” Cherry started to say, but was suddenly cut off by your mother opening the door and slowly stepping into your room, phone held up to her ear. After a second she clicked it off and set it into her pocket.

“Ok, (Y/n). I've got some good news!” She said in a singsong voice, a smile creeping onto her face. You raised an eyebrow, taking a seat on your bed with a quiet 'Oof’.

“What's the good news mom?” You then queried curiously, tilting your head to the side.

“Well, I just got off the phone with the school board… And- Your therapist called them and talked to them- They told me that you could start heading back to school in two weeks! You don't have to keep doing those silly little paper packets anymore. Isn't that fun?” She cheerfully stated, staring down at you with happiness.

For a moment you just sat there awkwardly, dread settling in the pit of your stomach. “But… What about Blue and cherry? You have to work on the weekdays, I can't leave them for seven hours everyday. That's not fair…”

Your mother's smile didn't even deter at the question, it only seemed to grow questionably wider. “Well, I mentioned them to the school, and if I sign some papers and get some paperwork from your therapist, they'll be legally assigned to you as therapy Bitties, which’ll allow you to bring them to school. As long as they behave.” She finished, glancing over at the two with a knowing expression.

“Oh, really? That sounds great!” You said happily, forcing a smile on your face. This caused your mom to chuckle, turning her gaze down to the half put away board game.

“I have to go do some cleaning, m'kay? Don't forget to put the board games back into the closet when you guys are done. I don't want to step on any more Monopoly pieces like before. Ouch.” After she spoke, your mom opened your door and let herself out of the room with a quick wink.

You sighed as you heard her footsteps fade away as she left, pulling your hands over your face, pulling yourself down and laying on your back with a muffled groan.

“(Y/N)?” Blue suddenly asked sounding right beside you, causing you to flinch and unbury your face from your hands to look over at him.

“Hh… Hey Blue Bean. You sure know how to spook a girl, huh?” You asked quietly, giving him a half hearted smile.

“OH, I’M SORRY! I DON’T MEAN TO. BUT… BESIDES THAT, MAY I ASK WHAT’S WRONG? YOU DON’T SEEM SO HAPPY ABOUT THIS ‘SCHOOL’ THAT YOUR MOTHER SUGGESTED.” He remarked, raising his eyebrow as Cherry suddenly pounced on your side from behind. Dang these Bitties were quick and sneaky.