|Happy Memories| Ch. 8

Worst decision in existence.

It had been around two hours since you had made lunch for you and your little friends, and let’s just say the two of them were practically getting nowhere in learning the alphabet. At first you thought it wouldn’t take too long for them to learn, but now your patience was running thin.

Blue couldn’t stay focused on one thing for more than five minutes, so when he was bored of trying to learn how to write one letter, he just went ahead onto the next without even trying to memorize anything. At least Cherry seemed to be trying, but he kept asking too many unneeded questions that even you didn’t know the answer to.

“ But why is there a c and k when they make the same sounds? ” Cherry’s voice broke you from your inside monologue, making you let out a small sigh and turning to the little darling.

“ In all honesty, I don’t know. I didn’t come up with english so I’m not someone you should ask. ” You quickly answer, placing down your phone on the table, switching it to another image of a letter.

“ But- ” Cherry started to complain, but you had cut him off before he could start his next rant and how useless all the extra letters were.

“ Hey, you shouldn’t be one to complain. At least you’re not learning Japanese. That language has three alphabets, and thousands of characters to learn. English only has twenty six characters.- Now, please write this m for me. ” You stated, smiling in satisfaction as Cherry only pouted, letting out a mumbled sentence that you couldn’t hear, and started to write the letter down with a chunk of lead you had broken off from a tip of a pencil.

“ Finally. Who kne- Blue! Oh my gosh, do your work please. You wanted to learn how to read right? I didn’t force you, so please. I’m begging you. ” You weren’t gonna lie, you were somewhat stressed now. Blue had wanted to learn the alphabet and how to write, but he just couldn’t sit still to do it! He had started doodling on the small piece of leaflet paper you had ripped out for the two of them, only two letters written down. If he wasn’t such a cutie and you weren’t such a pushover, you could have started a whole rant to him about doing your work.

“ O-OH, SORRY (Y/N)! I GOT DISTRACTED AGAIN! THE GREAT BLUE WON’T DO IT AGAIN! ” He said bashfully, quickly starting to erase the doodle sheet with a small grey kneaded eraser.

“ It’s ok hon, just try to keep focused more. Y’know, if you don’t want to continue, we can always go back to my room and do something else.” You replied, trying to soothe and assure the bashful Bitty.

“ What? But I alm- ” Cherry started to speak, before you cut him off once again, with a stern look his direction. At that his speech quickly died down, going back to quizzing himself over the letters. After that, you suddenly spoke up without letting Blue or Cherry get another word in.

“ Actually, yup. I think we all need a break from this. My mom will be back any time now, so I should clean the kitchen up. Once I’m done we can go back to my room and boondoggle there, y’know- Do some more fun things? ” They both seemed to hesitate, but they were nothing against your pleading puppy dog eyes and gave in. This made you smile and give a silent cheer.

After your silent self cheering, you quickly started to pick up the sheets of paper that were strewn around the table, along with the pieces of lead used as makeshift writing utensils. After tidying up(With a few complaints from Blue about wanting to help), you then scooped up your two new pals and went off on your merry way, back into your room.

Tap

Tap

Tap

For a moment you were confused as a tapping sound had suddenly started to resonate from… Somewhere? But what was it? You quickly yet gently set the two Bittys onto your comfy old bed, and looked around with a quirked brow. After a few more moments the tapping became louder and more persistent, almost like rain.