|Late Talks| Ch. 5

Dinner was, well- Dinner. Your mother had called you to the kitchen a few minutes into starting up a movie, and everything went decent. Blue and Cherry kept up their bickering through nearly all of the meal, but it was better than the usual silence that had always ensued. Your mom had cut up a few bits of bread(With jelly spread) for the two Bittys, and ended up uncovering a few small, old thimbles to use as cups which she had found in her old sewing kit. Blue had asked for orange juice, and Cherry only wanted water. You stuffed that information into the back of your mind for later. You wanted to learn more about the two, so that you could become good friends. Hopefully.

Now though you were sleeping, dinner hours passed. After retiring back to your room with Blue and Cherry, you watched three hours worth of movies in peaceful silence, snuggled up in your room with blankets. You hadn't really been paying the entertainment as much mind as the other two though, swept up in thought as you tried to figure out some fun things to do the next day, and maybe the day after. After the last movie had ended, the trio of you had decided to go to sleep. You had ended up making a messy blanket fort in the middle of your room for yourself, and letting them sleep on your bed instead. Shying away from the idea of the three of you sharing the bed, not wanting to squish them with your weight.

Now though, you slept.

...

Flames.

The roaring flames grew higher, heat becoming unbearable. The smell of burning and smoke smelled putrid. Fear was an understatement. Survival was slim. Senses alert. Pure instinct was the only thing driving to stay alive, the want to sleep away such an event clawed at the mind, but was always pushed away. Unwavering horror was jolted through the body as the flames came nearer at an unbearably slow pace. It was horrid. Blood pounding in ear drums, sense of hope slowly ebbing away as the crackling fire stalked its trembling prey.

Tears ran down hot cheeks, flame scorched and battered. The old house creaked and groaned, as if ready to give out at any moment. Wails were heard in the distance as blue and red hues flashed through the fogged, cracking windows. Desperate Pleas could be heard as the fire finally made its way close enough to the shivering, sunken silhouette which sat in the corner. Coughing, hacking, wheezing. retching, burning, melting.

Hurt.

" (Y/n)...''

Too much.

" (Y/n)! "

-

You suddenly awake, letting out a disgruntled groan. Your eyes flew opened, and you quickly sat up, in a cold sweat.

" (Y/N). HEY- IT'S OK. It's Ok! " A worried voice slowly pulled you from your shock, and you blinked slowly, realizing that tears were pooling in your eyes, your cheeks damp. It took you a moment to see clearly, turning your head to see Blue right beside you, hands pulled up on your leg as if he had been shaking it.

" O-Oh. Hey B-Blue? What's w-wrong? " You half-whispered, your voice sounding shaken and hoarse, mostly due to just waking up. Now that you think about it, it seemed to be quite late. Maybe even early morning, around four perhaps?

" I Should Be Asking YOU THAT. " Blue huffed, worry in his eyes. " WHAT'S WRONG? "

Confusion blurred your eyes suddenly, your body going rigid. You honestly didn't know. Why had you been crying again? You remember falling asleep, and then... Oh. OH. Now you remember. Those awful dreams- Or nightmares, which usually plagued your dreams. You had forgotten about the frequent terrors, too caught up in the hype of the day.

" It's... N-nothing, truly. Happens all the time...." You then muttered after a moment, a smile forcing its way onto your lips.

" NO! I Highly Doubt It's Nothing. I've Only Known You For Almost A Day, But I Doubt That You're telling The Truth. PLEASE, You Don't Have To Tell Me, Just... IT'S MY JOB. Our Job. I Want To Make You Feel Better. " Blue spoke, in one of his more quieter voices note that.