Nightmares

"Peter? Where are you?"

"Dad? Pops" I heard Dad's voice but I couldn't see him. I was in a crowded location but I could only hear my Dad's and Pop's voice.

"Peter?" It was Pops. "Peter come here!" The voices of my dads were fading. I started running to where I thought I heard them coming from. I could just barely hear them now.
"Spiderling?" Dad said, his voice very faint.

I sat up in bed with a jolt. "No!" My bedroom doors opened and I saw dads come up to me.

"Oh, baby? What happened?" Pops asked. My heart was palpitating. I began to count in my head. It's weird, yeah, but I always found it soothing.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

"Nightmare," I said, tears flooding my eyes. I grabbed hold of both my dad's shirts, one shirt in each hand. "I don't want you to leave me, dads" I murmured.

12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

"Peter, for as long as we live, we will always be here for and with you. Always. Until the end of the line" Pops said, rubbing my back. Dad nodded in agreement.

21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

The blue light from Dad's Arc Reactor was calming to me. I reached out and touched it, running my fingers along the triangular-shaped light. He smiled at and rubbed my back. Pops started rubbing circles with his thumb on the back of my hand.

"Can you stay here tonight?" I asked, looking up at them. They looked at each other and then down at me. "Of course we can, my sweet boy" Dad said. They squeezed into my bed and both placed a hand on me. Knowing that they were both safe and happy, I fell asleep.

[+++]

[THREE YEARS LATER - Peter is now 15]

[PETER POV]

I woke up to the sound of something being dropped. "Shit" I heard a voice say. I heard footsteps run toward whatever dropped. "Are you okay? And watch your language" Pops said. I rolled my eyes and looked at my watch: 7:32. I pushed the blankets off myself and put a pair of navy sweatpants on. I didn't bother with a shirt and proceeded to head downstairs.

"Hey buddy," Pops said to me without looking up. I noticed that there was broken glass on the floor. I didn't really question it. I mean, sure I wanted to know what happened but it could've been a Tony Stark panic attack. "Hey FRIDAY, what appointments does Tony have today," Steve asked the AI. 

"He has a meeting in 45 minutes," the female computerized voice rang out. "Cancel the meeting," Pops said. "No, Steve, I'm fine." Tony struggled to get up off the floor. "Clearly, you're not, Tones! I mean, look at you! Go to bed! You're overworked and don't get nearly enough sleep." Pops exclaimed.  Tony finally gave in. "You're right" he sighed. "You're absolutely right." He had managed to get up off the floor and found himself wrapped in his husband's arms. 

The tall blond smiled down and then removed one arm from dad and held it out for me. I immediately jumped into their hug and smiled. I loved my family's affection for each other. I loved my dads. I glanced at the clock: 8:03. "Damn," I muttered. I was meeting Ned and M.J. at the school's cafe for breakfast. I quickly got my stuff together and threw on a shirt and a hoodie. 

"Let's go, dad," I said, impatiently.  Steve grabbed his wallet and keys from the kitchen counter and we walked quickly to the garage and because Dad is a maniac, there were some crazy cars. I hopped into a shiny red convertible. Pops turned the key in the ignition and the machine roared to life. 

The ride there was silent because I knew that if either one of us mentioned the whole Dad dropped something and had a panic attack, it would give me and/ or Pop's a stressful day. He dropped me off and we parted our separate ways. I took my phone out of my pocket and turned it on:

Ned: where r u peter?

I sighed and shoved it back in my pocket and ran up to the cafe doors to see Ned and MJ who were sitting at a table. MJ was drawing and Ned was on his phone. I looked over MJ's shoulder to see what she was drawing. "That's really good, MJ," I said. MJ got really self-conscious of her work and covered it up, embarrassed. "Shut up, loser," she teased, and playfully punched my arm. 

Ned had ordered ahead of time so we sat down to eat our eggs, bacon and a bagel with cream cheese. The first bell rang and I shoved the rest of my bacon in my mouth then wrapped up my half-eaten bagel in a napkin and shoved it in my hoodie pocket. The three of us proceded to walk into the school building and go our separate ways.

WORD COUNT: 869

A/N::

Thanks for reading, please consider voting and commenting suggestions

Instagram: aktioncamera101

peace out my guys,

-J