Ultrasound

A/N:: I am picturing Wade as Ryan Reynolds BEFORE he had cancer in DP

**** He still has powers, just not cancer ****

・゚: *・゚:* *:・゚*:・゚

WADE

"You okay, babe?" I asked, looking up from my textbook. I looked over at Peter, putting a hand on his bouncing knee, causing him to jump a little.

"Yeah, I'm okay, I'm just a little startled. The baby should be here soon and on top of that, I have like, a thousand tests next week, an essay due on Friday and I have to read like 57 books."

I smirked at him. "I think you're being a liiiitle overdramatic there, kiddo," I said. "Yes, the baby will be here soon, yes you have an essay due, yes you have like, 4 tests next week, but no, you don't need to read 57 books. You need to read 11 chapters of one book. You'll have time."

"I know but..." the younger boy buried his face in his hands, knocking his baseball cap askew. I took it off his head and put it on his knee. The bell rang, and people started getting up to leave, making the already-crowded cafeteria seem that much more crowded. 

"C'mon, webhead, get up." I took his hand in my hand and felt his arm go limp. I stood up and pulled it, but he stayed anchored to where he was sitting, only his torso and arms were limp as spaghetti. 

"Go to class, asshole. You'll be late and if you're late, you'll have a panic attack because you, Peter Benjamin Parker-Rogers-Stark are incapable of being late," I said sternly at him. God, I felt like his dad. 

His phone screen lit up and I snatched it up before he could react. Being boyfriends with someone who has double the reflex speed of a normal human has really helped me have better reflexes. 

Reminders: Go to Dr. appmnt today at 3:00 for ultrasound

Peter snatched his phone back from me and hastily shoved it in his pocket. "Why didn't you tell me?" I asked him, both anger and annoyance were starting to bubble up inside of me. "Because," he said, slinging his bag over his shoulder and marching off to class, "I- I- I don't know, okay?! In all honesty, I'm scared. I'm only eighteen and pregnant. Do you know how scary that is? I can barely take care of myself as it is! Imagine me having a child, Wade!" He whipped around to turn and face me.

"I know. I know it's so, so much to take in but-" I started.

"But, no, Wade. You have no idea what it's like. What it's like to have The Tony Stark and The Steve Rogers as your dads; how much people expect me to go do something great, go to MIT, go and engineer something that is world-changing. But no, I'm some freak in high school, eighteen and fuckin' pregnant." And on that note, he turned into his classroom and we went our separate ways.

・゚: *・゚:* *:・゚*:・゚

Peter's POV

My phone buzzed in my pocket. I pulled it out and looked at the notification: 

Reminders: Go to Dr. appmnt today at 3:00 for the ultrasound.

I pulled my car keys out of my pocket, unlocked the vehicle, put the keys in the ignition and started the car up. I drove following the directions that the GPS gave to me, pulling into the hospital's parking lot. I got out of the car and headed toward the automatic doors, nearly running into a man in a wheelchair. 

"I'm sorry," I muttered to him, giving him a little nod. After walking away, I mentally slapped myself for the awkward interaction. I made my way to the waiting room and pulled out my phone, mindlessly scrolling through different social media apps when a hand on my shoulder startled me. 

I looked up to see Wade; a big smirk on his face. "Jesus Christ, Wade, you nearly put me in cardiac arrest." I punched his arm, in a playful manner. He sat down on the bench next to me, putting his head on my shoulder. We waited until a young nurse with long blonde hair came out.

"Peter Parker-Rogers-Stark?" she called out. I nudged Wade who had started to doze off. We stood up and walked into the room. "Have a seat," she told Wade. Then, turning to me she told me to lay on the bed. The rest of the time was easy; she lay down a clear gel on my protruding stomach and moved the x-ray haha, I have NO idea what I'm talking about camera across my stomach.

She turned the monitor toward Wade and I so we could see the baby. "Congratulations, Mister Parker-Rogers-Stark. You're having twins."

This draft has been in the makings for forever; I have just been so freaking lazy and only writing bits and pieces of it every now and then. But I hope you enjoy!

-J