july 20th, 2017

[tyler]
✧✧✧
"Do you think she's good for me?" Josh asked.

I looked at him. We were sitting on the couch in my studio basement, talking while I intonated my bass.

"Does she make you happy?" I replied.

"More than anything." He tried to hide a smile. "When I'm around her, the anxiety melts. I can be exactly who I am with her."

He was talking about Debby Ryan.

"Then yes. I think she's great for you," I answered, plucking a string, listening to make sure the pitch was right.

"Tyler?" Josh asked. "Can I ask you something?" Something in his voice was different. He was nervous, the same way he spoke at interviews.

"Yeah, anything." I stopped plucking and gave him all my attention.

"I'm thinking of proposing," he confessed, looking at my eyes for affirmation.

My eyes widened. "When?"

"Not anytime soon, probably next year. I just want your opinion."

I nodded. "She makes you happy, right? Can you see yourself spending the rest of your life with her?"

He nodded. "I could spend forever with her."

I grinned. He was lovestruck.

I supposed that made two of us.

"Well, I think it's smart of you to give it a while longer. But yeah, if you can see yourself with her, I support you. A hundred percent," I smiled. He smiled back.

"Thanks, Ty. You rock."

"I rock n' roll," I said, strumming the now intonated bass. The amp was up all the way, so it practically deafened us. We laughed as Josh slung his arm around me.
✧✧✧