july 30th, 2017

[tyler]
✧✧✧
My pen bounced up and down as I tapped it on my desk. I stared at the computer, my face resting on the palm of my hand. It was silent except for the tapping. My eyelids began to feel heavy, and I didn't even notice when the pen slid out of my hand and hit the floor. The world fell completely silent.

And suddenly, I was on stage again.

The crowd cheering. Fan with tears in their eyes. A mass of people jumping up and down, hands raised in the air. A smile spread across my face. My people.

But they morphed into something else. Angry, screaming, dark. The jumping didn't cease, but their hands were now grappling forward, reaching for me. Ready to tear me apart.

I began to scream along with them. I crouched into a ball, hands clutching the sides of my head. The world was rocking, the stage lights grew brighter and brighter until they were all I could see. Hands grasped my foot, my wrist, my neck. I felt myself dragged into the crowd. The screaming grew ever louder, and my ears began to ache from the noise. Hot tears traced down my cheeks, and despite all the people around me, no hands wiped them away. The screams got louder, and louder, louder and louder and louder, until I couldn't hear my own thoughts. I squeezed my eyes shut, shaking my head, my own voice raw from screaming.

When I opened them, it was dark.

Silent.

I sat up off the floor, where I must've fallen in my sleep. I wrapped my arms around my legs, tucking my chin into my knees.

I could feel my eyes burn as small tears began to form.
✧✧✧