august 12th, 2017

[you]
✧✧✧
He pressed play on the media player on his computer.

"You know..."

Your breath hitched when you heard his voice.

It was so beautiful.

"I've always been collected, calm, and chill."

You held back a giggle. On the outside, yes, but on the inside, Tyler Joseph had no chill. None whatsoever.

"And you know, I've never looked for conflict for the thrill. But if I'm feelin'..."

You let out a shaky breath. You could not get over how gentle, loving, and passionate his voice was.

"Someone steppin' towards you, can't describe just what I'm feelin'..."

A confession. That's what this was, he said.

"For you, I'd go step to a dude much bigger than me. For you, I know... I would get messed up, weigh one fifty-three, for you... I would get beat to smithereens."

It was at those words that tears sprung up in your eyes. An indescribable feeling bloomed in your heart, and you looked up at Tyler, who was blushing. He looked at you as if he'd found a piece to a puzzle that had been missing for a long, long time.

You continued to listen, and towards the end you let out a laugh while tears escaped your eyes.

"For you, I'd go write a slick song just to show you the world. For you, I know they think it's messed up to sell out for your girl..."

And you let out a small sob. Your girl.

"...for you, I would get beat to smithereens."

And with those last few words, the track ended.
✧✧✧