august 6th, 2017

[tyler]
✧✧✧
I awoke to the sound of crunching leaves. My eyes flew open, and immediately a fearful sensation creeped into my skull. It was still dark outside, pitch black almost. I couldn't have been asleep for that long.

The crunching of leaves continued and got further away, and then it stopped completely. I furrowed my brow and sat up quietly, attempting to not wake up Josh. I silently unzipped the tent to peak out. A dark, humanoid body sat on the ground next to the stream. It was too dark to tell who, though.

I didn't want to get murdered, but I also didn't want Josh or [y/n] or Justice to get murdered, so I silently let out a sigh and crept out of the tent.

However, despite my best efforts, it was impossible to not make noise with all the dead leaves on the ground, and the figure whipped around to look at me. And under the faint glow of the half moon, I could tell it was [y/n]. Relief washed over me and I smiled.

Waving, I began to make my way next to her.

"What's up?" I whispered as quietly as I could.

"Couldn't sleep," she replied, swirling her fingers through the brook. "I'm worried, Tyler."

I pursed my lips. "How come?"

She shook her head. "So many things. My job, for one. I love graphic design, but I'm not having any fun at this job. It's...well, it's boring. I feel like I'm wasting time."

I nodded, thinking. After a moment, I replied, "Maybe you shouldn't work there anymore. If it doesn't make you happy, what's the point?"

She nodded. "Yeah, I guess so. It's just that—well, it makes good money. My salary is something like $65,000, which is really good for a graphic design job. I work with a lot of name brand companies..." She trailed off.

I nodded again. "Well, you know... I could always use you. My team, that is. Marketing could find a place for you. I'm not sure if all the details, but I am sure that we could find a place for you." I smiled hopefully.

She looked over at me, eyes wide. "You would do that? For me?"

I scoffed. "Of course I would. I would do anything for you." I paused after realized what I had just said.

She gazed at me. A happy-looking expression was on her face.

"Tyler Joseph, I... I just need to thank you. For everything. You're a great friend." She glanced down at the word friend. I blushed. Just friends, her and I.

But maybe we could be something more. I just needed to let her know...

I gazed at her. Underneath the glow of the starlight, she looked absolutely stunning. Her eyes were as dark and bright as all the nebulas and galaxies in the universe, and her smile... I couldn't even describe it.

She was perfect.

In.

Every.

Single.

Way.

I shifted my fingers to the side so that they brushed against hers. I was glad it was dark, because I didn't want her to see how much I was blushing.

"Tyler?" she asked.

"Yeah?" I replied, my heart beating a million miles an hour.

"I'm glad I bumped into you."

We laughed at the memory. We had literally bumped into each other. I noticed she was wearing the pants I'd bought for her that very same day.

"[Y/n], can I tell you something?" I asked, breathing deeply to calm my chest, which had fireworks going off inside them.

"Anything," she replied.

I could tell her. Right here, I could tell her. All of this pain I'd felt for six years, and I could let her know. This could be the moment.

"You have really nice hair," I confessed.

But I chickened out.

She laughed. "I'm flattered. You have pretty luscious locks yourself."

I grinned half-heartedly. "Why, thank you."

With a sigh, I laid down, feeling the grass under my back. I shook my head. I'd never be able to tell her. I was too afraid of ruining everything.

"Y'know something?" [Y/n] said as she laid down next to me.

"What?" I asked.

"I don't know what it is, but I think that whenever you and Josh are around, me and Justice are a lot happier. It's like the four of us are destined to be friends." She laughed. "I can't get away from you," she smiled, laughing a little. "But it's a good thing. We love you guys."

My breath caught when she said the word love.

I love you, too, I wanted to say. But I didn't.

"Well, we're rather fond of you as well." I said we're, but really I only meant myself.

Her laughter drifted into my ears, giving me goosebumps. I loved her so much. It was unbearable, as if it was the weight of a thousand oceans crashing on top of me, whisking me down into their depths. Her touch was as soft as the lazy waves lapping the shores, and her words were as fierce as the tidal waves that level cities.

She was a thousand oceans, and I was going to drown in her.
✧✧✧