august 7th, 2017

[you]
✧✧✧
"Pizza? Alone with Tyler? On Tuesday at 7?" Justice asked, her eyebrows raised.

"Yeah," you said, a sheepish smile sneaking onto your lips.

She let out a small giggle. "Sounds like a date to me."

"What? No!" You whirled around, putting your back to the stove (where you were making macaroni and cheese) and faced Justice. "We're just friends! Why are you so obsessed with the idea of me and Tyler Joseph becoming and item?"

"Tyler Joseph and I," she corrected. You wrinkled your nose, muttering, "Whatever."

"And how are you not obsessed with that idea? Okay, one, he's rich! He's a famous singer! He's probably a millionaire!" she threw her hands in the air.

"It's not about mon—"

"Two, he's hot. Seriously. Have you seen him with his shirt off? The guy is eye candy if I've ever seen any."

You shook your head, making a face at her. "I don't—"

"Three, he's a nice person! Do you know how many nice, rich, hot people there are out there? Not many. It's like you can have two, but not all three. Nice rich people are always ugly, and hot rich people are always douchbags. It's just how it works." She leaned on her palm. "But Tyler Robert Joseph? He defies all odds."

You rolled your eyes. "Okay, if you're so in love with him, why don't you hit him up?"

She gave you a sad smile. "He's... Well, I'm just not his type. He wouldn't like me."

"Okay, so how do you know that he'd like me?" you asked, eyebrows raised.

She shrugged. "Intuition."

You sighed. "Uh-huh. Sure."

You spun back around and mixed the macaroni, which was just about done.

It's ridiculous, you thought. Tyler Joseph and you? Impossible. He wouldn't like you. He's got a whole vast ocean of women who would die to be with him. Never in a million years would he fall for you.

But you couldn't help but wonder.

After all, you were pretty sure that you liked him.

Don't let yourself hope, you thought.

It's not worth the hurt.
✧✧✧