august 12th, 2017

[you]
✧✧✧
You took a deep breath.

Here you were again, standing in front of Tyler's door, picking up the courage to knock.

You didn't know what was going to happen tonight, but you knew that whatever did happen was going to change everything. You inhaled and exhaled. Inhale. Exhale.

Here goes nothing, you thought.

Your hand formed a fist, and you rapped quietly on the door. Fireworks exploded in your stomach. Your hands began to shake, ever so slightly. What's going on with me? you thought.

But before you could give yourself an answer, the door gently swung open, and Tyler's face grinned at you. You could see, though, in his eyes, that he was anxious.

"Thanks for coming," he said, grinning shyly, letting you in the house. You sniffed. It smelled like cinnamon. Like Tyler.

"Of course," you replied, smiling.

He looked at the floor and shifted his feet, taking in a shaky breath. "I have something to confess."

Your eyes widened. Was he actually...? Was this real? "Y-yeah. What is it?"

He paused. "Come with me," he said, holding out a hand. This took you by surprise, but you grabbed it and held on. He didn't say a word, but just led you down the stairs and into his studio, smiling all the while. Then he motioned for you to sit on his chair at the desk. You complied.

"I, uh... I made this for you," he smiled, shyness in his voice. "Just listen."
✧✧✧