1

Maurelle huffed as she watched her twin, Ron, walk straight past the compartment she sat in with dirt on his face. She knew he saw her signal for him to join her. 

"Idiot," She mumbled under her breath before opening the pocket of her scruffy coat and pulling out a yoyo to entertain herself. Maurelle had already exceeded her book spending budget and was now stuck without a book to read as she quickly finished them all within a week. 

The yoyo had been a gift from her father, an item he had enjoyed studying and was dazzled by for months. 

As she was carelessly throwing the yoyo around, she was suddenly jolted forward as a hand reached out and grasped it. Maurelle hadn't even noticed Malfoy had entered.

"What's this then?" He asked with an upturned nose and yanked the cord tighter until he realized it was attached to Maurella's finger. 

"Not yours." Was all she said before giving it a hard tugging and reclaiming it from his greedy grasp. 

He looked at her with raised brows before turning to the goons behind him. "I bet you three galleons she's a Weasley." Malfoy then looked at her with a wide evil smile. "Weasley's are always so protective of what they have since they don't have much."

Maurelle looked at him with a frown. She had already known he was a Malfoy, how could she not? Only Lovegood's had hair as white unless you were over 60. And the expensive clothing confirmed her speculations. 

"Leave me alone." Was all Maurelle said before turning back to her yoyo but not extending it as she didn't want to lose it to him again. She longed for a large book to immerse herself in so she wouldn't have to suffer at the likes of Malfoy and his followers. 

"We were going anyway, don't want to hang around with a soon-to-be Gryffindor and kin of the Weasley's, we may catch something." Malfoy nodded his head to the two boys behind him and they all left with a swish of their long, velvety cloaks. 

Maurelle stared down at the toy in her hands. She was considering jumping off the train if it meant sharing a school with boys like that for the long years to come.